Self-defense move

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hate to lower the tone here, but a classic self-defence move that can knock a man out, or at least make him lose interest in pursuing his agenda, is grabbing twisting and pulling his testicles until he passes out.

Doesn't work in real life. Nor does a groin kick. Every male from seventh grade on up has a reflex that blocks this attack, very effectively. Many women are taught to hit the solar plexus, jam a heel to the instep and kick a man in the knee or groin. Unfortunately, these rarely actually work and will enrage an attacker.

The real solution to the original problem is a taser or stun gun.

Jeff

Taejang

Why not?
Registered
Reaction score
Nor does a groin kick. Every male from seventh grade on up has a reflex that blocks this attack, very effectively. Many women are taught to hit the solar plexus, jam a heel to the instep and kick a man in the knee or groin. Unfortunately, these rarely actually work and will enrage an attacker.
I wonder if the groin-defense reflex is cultural? I mean, other cultures may not have crappy public schools where jerks come out of the woodwork to kick each other "where the sun don't shine." Just an idle thought.

Women self defense classes really should focus more on breaking fingers, gouging eyes, biting, that sort of thing. I suppose it is less... palatable, though.

King Neptune

Banned
Reaction score
Hate to lower the tone here, but a classic self-defence move that can knock a man out, or at least make him lose interest in pursuing his agenda, is grabbing twisting and pulling his testicles until he passes out.

I agree with Amadan on this. A good kick in the balls will slow a guy down, but in an emergency situation the slowing will not last long. Grabbing ND twisting would take a lot of work, and few men would allow such behavior.

Last edited:

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanting to point out, that some people don't get knocked out. I should know, I'm one of them. In seventh grade I had someone break a skateboard over the back of my head, and a couple of years ago I took an eight foot fall and landed on my head. Neither knocked me out. I have more but... berivety.

If the object is to get him tied up for the sexy, and she's trained and has the element of surprise, is it possible that she could just jump him with a pair of fuzzy handcuffs and get him quickly? Maybe cuff his arm to the chair he's sitting in?

I can tell you, having suffered bad head injuries that the LAST thing I would have wanted afterward was any activity that involves a lot of moving around. It hurts to have people walk on the same floor as you.

Trebor1415

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Go with a chokehold. It works. It can be dangerous, but when done right just causes unconsciousness.

snafu1056

Registered
Reaction score
The only problem is, and apparently this isn't realistic lol, the heroic wants to tie him up to have sex with him. Yeah, I know it sounds weird :p So, I don't want to kill, maim etc, just stun him until she can tie him up. :/ poss or impossible, that is the Q.

Have you considered the ancient art of ask-fu? That's where the woman opens her mouth and says "Can I tie you up and have sex with you?" This move works on 98% of hetero male opponents. And no one has to get punched or choked. Well, unless youre into that.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if the groin-defense reflex is cultural? I mean, other cultures may not have crappy public schools where jerks come out of the woodwork to kick each other "where the sun don't shine." Just an idle thought.

Women self defense classes really should focus more on breaking fingers, gouging eyes, biting, that sort of thing. I suppose it is less... palatable, though.

Good classes already do. But you have to know who to ask to find one.

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
There is a shot akin to a 'haymaker' that can pretty effectively drop just about anyone. It may not result in actual unconciousness but it will certainly weaken the will to get back up real soon. Bouncers use it a lot with the serious problem children.
The target is the corner of the jaw just below the ear, either side will work. But if you hit that spot with force it will screw with the innr ear orientation, inflame the TMJ nerves as well as potentially break the jaw and damage the TMJ itself.
If you can nail that spot,and i mean with intent, he wont be real interested in getting back up for a bit.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
I settled a skirmish of me against 5 dudes by laying one arm around their "leader's" neck from behind to kinda immobilize him, and boring my index and middle finger into his eyes. I got freaked out so I didn't go all the way and he was probably fine afterward, but it sure did disperse them.
But seriously, if you can get your hand into his face, go for the eyes.