Sam Kerr's Done A Bad Thing

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would imagine more than a few of us had to deal with the awful feeling of Why Does The News Always Ruin Everything? when we heard that our widely- and rightly-beloved Sam Kerr was done for
using insulting, threatening or abusive words that caused alarm or distress to a police officer in January 2023
and the words were a racial slur.

Oh no!! :cry:

So it's something of a relief to learn (as many of us suspected) that
The racial slur Matildas superstar Sam Kerr is alleged to have used against a British police officer was “stupid white bastard”, according to sources with knowledge of the case.

Because honestly in the annals of Bad Behaviour By Aussie Sporting Legends - it's not very bad.

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
According to the Sun (which I won't link to, specifically because of Hillsborough and generally because of Murdoch) it took CPS a year to work out the charges.

Before that, a hearing is scheduled to take place on 26 April where it is expected the defence will try to dismiss the case by claiming abuse of process.

The judge said she understood that Kerr’s defence would be that she did not intend to cause alarm, harassment or distress to the police officer and that her behaviour was not racially motivated.

It is understood the delay in charging Kerr stemmed from CPS lawyers trying to decide what offence to prosecute her for.

I'd like to know if the copper said anything to her before the (eventually) chargeable (alleged) offence.

Also here's a dramatisation of the incident*.

*Actually from the TV series Bodyline.

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
I hope they make the prosecutor explain exactly how it's a slur. I can't wait to hear them try to work through that.

Reactions: Helix and JJ Litke