Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Your Fine Majesty and Illustrious Royals!

I am good today- rested SO swell. I'm also feeling chipper.

What doings do the castle members have going on? :)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Sunday, loyal Royals.

I am good today- rested SO swell. I'm also feeling chipper.

What doings do the castle members have going on? :)

I'm glad you are feeling rested and chipper, Prince Daniel. Your Queen has been waiting to hear the doings of the castle members, too. I hope you have better luck, my brilliant bard prince.

Without further ado, I am introducing your Heir Apparent who is now queen. Please welcome her and give her all due obeisance.

All Hail!
Her Royal Majesty,
Queen Coddiwomple!

:e2crown:

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
All hail Queen Coddiwomple! :Hail:

I went for a lovely walk in a county park this afternoon. A saw a neat caterpillar, which I think was the larval form a tiger swallow tail butterfly. Then I saw a huge flock of red winged black birds. They were making all sorts of noise from the trees. There was also a tree down on the trail, which was a result of a nasty storm that came through last night. The rains were torrential, the winds strong, and the hail was the size of quarters. I'm glad my car didn't sustain any damage. Usually it's parked in the garage, but I was over the boyfriend's place.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Hail your bronze magnificence! Coddi, Queen of the Realm!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good Monday, dear Royals.

I will be making coffee soon. I'm trying to wait until my brother takes his wife to the dr. She can't have coffee before the appointment and I know the smell of it would torture her so I'm trying to be nice. In about 15 minutes she will leave and I can start coffee, which will be a good thing.

How are you all doing this lovely morning/afternoon/evening?

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
*Stumbles into the throne room, bleary-eyed*

Darn it. This fractured tailbone is wreaking havoc with my sleep. I just can't get comfortable. And then I get befuddled and miss my appointments...

*scratches head*

What was I doing here again? Oh yeah! Ambrosia promised there would be a seat somewhere here for me with plenty of soft cushions.

*spies the throne*

Now I remember! I'm the Queen! I hope I'm not late or anything.

*shrugs*

If I am? The Queen's never late. Everyone else is early. :)

:e2grouphu

Hello, my lovely Royals! I'm giving out soft pillows and Advil for everyone. I hope you all have a delightful day.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Good morning/afternoon/evening, dear Royals.

You are correct, your Majesty. It is impossible for you to be anything other than on time. ;)

Prince Michael, good luck with your budding new friendship.

I am on the edge of grumpy over not getting enough sleep. Since it is days of not getting enough sleep I believe that is understandable. Perhaps my rest tonight will be blissful and sufficient. Today, however, might be a bit of a rough ride for everyone around me. ;)

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
Coddi pops another Advil and looks around the throne room.

"You know, this place isn't half bad for a convalescent home. I spent my last reign under a bridge. What was I thinking?"

She shifts her seat, plumps up a pillow.

"Good afternoon, my beloved subjects. How fares the Realm?"

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I believe the Realm is surviving, your Majesty. However, it has been inordinately quiet of late. I'm wondering if someone slipped sleeping pills into the water supply.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
It's far too hot in my part of the kingdom. 89 for the high! That's unusually hot even in the summer. It will break, though, and more seasonable temps will come on Friday. I just need to get through the next two days without melting.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It rains in my little area of the realm right now. So peaceful and quiet, Your Fabled Majesty.

How fares my fellow fine Royals? :)

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
I believe the Realm is surviving, your Majesty. However, it has been inordinately quiet of late. I'm wondering if someone slipped sleeping pills into the water supply.

Twas not I, Lady Duchess. I am but a humble servant of the realm, and loyal to the hand that feeds.

Hello royal peeps. Sorry, the puppy has been extremely busy of late. Many things, mostly writing and writer related things (writers’ group etc), but the sun’s still shining and the stars are out at night and all up this has been a crazy few months in a crazy year.

And I see that Queen Coccyxtransplant has graced the throne once more? How fare thee, your majesty? Last I heard you defeated me in a guessing joust, and I humbly abase myself and seek forgiveness for lampooning you.

I’ve still got a bunch of things to do, but when things settle down some more I’ll be swinging by here again more often. And of course, on my best behaviour. :)

Cheerio!

*wags*

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Your Majesty, may your pain levels be ever decreasing.

Prince Norman! *Runs over to the prince and hugs him.* I have missed you. Whatever writerly stuff is keeping you occupied and away from these hallowed halls I do hope it is benefiting you immensely. I know I speak for all the Royals when I say we look forward to your return to the Castle.

Benevolent Bard, I fair quite well. I'm glad you had a lovely rain-filled evening to bring you a measure of quiet peace.

Princess Snitchcat, you are missed when you are not here.

Princess LadyV, the temps here will be going down when the cold front finally arrives. I believe they were saying Monday night/Tuesday for this area of the A.R.o.R.L.. Like you, I am well ready for cooler temps.

My coffee awaits. Ta ta, your Majesty and lovely Royals!

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Royals.

Hey, someone left the door open! The dog got in! Now we're going to have to spray the throne room for fleas, and the pest removal service the Moose recommended last time overcharged the royal coffers, me thinks. (Perhaps there was a kickback involved. Hmm. Now that I'm the monarch, I can get an investigation going and issue subpoenas.)

I humbly abase myself and seek forgiveness for lampooning you.

Ha. That'll be the day.

*checks pockets, makes sure the sisyphus points are still there*

Today's report on the Royal Ass (no, Norm. Not from the Royal Ass): Ever-so-slightly less painful than... a week ago. :e2thud:

However, I gain tremendous satisfaction knowing that since I'm the Queen, no one can call me out on my whining.*

Hope you all have pleasant, productive days.

*until Sunday, at least.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Greetings, Famed Monarch and Roaring Royals! :D

I am very well. I did half of my coursework for the week in an hour and a half and I did it well. So, now I almost have the entirety of the week to read and write. Besides this, I'm saving my money diligently to pay off some debt and I haven't smoked *gasp* for a week. Things are moving along.

Norman! You old Royal Canine you! How goes it?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I trust everyone is having an excellent Thursday. Your duchess is not feeling her best this morning. I was ill last night and haven't quite recovered completely. I'm going to take it easy this morning and see if I can shake this whatever-it-is quickly. I have 4 dogs to take care of for the next 3 or 4 days. No time to be ill.

Have a great Thursday. Your Majesty, I have plumped your pillow and made sure there is a cushion of memory foam. May your pain level continue to decrease until it is only a memory.

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
Your duchess is not feeling her best this morning. I was ill last night and haven't quite recovered completely. I'm going to take it easy this morning and see if I can shake this whatever-it-is quickly. I have 4 dogs to take care of for the next 3 or 4 days. No time to be ill.

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon, and the doggos keep each occupied in the meantime.

Have a great Thursday. Your Majesty, I have plumped your pillow and made sure there is a cushion of memory foam. May your pain level continue to decrease until it is only a memory.

Thank you, Duchess. :) It is getting slowly better. I just complain a lot (Another headline in the We All Know This About Coddi Already Journal).

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Your Fine Majesty!

Here is an extra pillow for your feet:

61UEfEZFkzL._SX425_.jpg

Hello Royals! Sorry to hear about your troubles Grand Duchess. Hopefully, the dogs can cheer you up! :)

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Prince Norman! *Runs over to the prince and hugs him.* I have missed you.

*allows hug, but with an instinctive cringe because Reasons* ;)

Hmm. Perhaps you will forgive me for having a different memory of that particular incident?

Whatever writerly stuff is keeping you occupied and away from these hallowed halls I do hope it is benefiting you immensely. I know I speak for all the Royals when I say we look forward to your return to the Castle.

Loads of writing. The submission for the residency (still no word), entry into a short story comp (success, made the short list, winner announced at the end of the month), and more recently the Sisyphus, where… ahem… certain notable members of royalty may have been besmirched in some petty acts of vengeance. But yeah, it was fun, a novella and three short stories, one of which I got a bit of assistance with from a mutual friend. :D

Hey, someone left the door open! The dog got in! Now we're going to have to spray the throne room for fleas

I beg your forgiveness, your majesty.

*checks pockets, makes sure the sisyphus points are still there*

Well where else would they be? Here, let me check…

*counts on paws*

Here we go: Queen Coddi 4.5 points, Prince Puppy 4 points.

All points accounted for.

*wags tail*

:hi:

Greetings, Famed Monarch and Roaring Royals! :D

I am very well. I did half of my coursework for the week in an hour and a half and I did it well. So, now I almost have the entirety of the week to read and write. Besides this, I'm saving my money diligently to pay off some debt and I haven't smoked *gasp* for a week. Things are moving along.

Norman! You old Royal Canine you! How goes it?

Hello to you too, young man! I’m well enough, though a bit burned out. I’ve got a few things on this month that I’m really looking forward to, and then of course Christmas will be just around the corner, and with that comes a pretty poxy amount of hot weather.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

*allows hug, but with an instinctive cringe because Reasons* ;)

Hmm. Perhaps you will forgive me for having a different memory of that particular incident?

Forgive you your memories? How can I forgive you for your own memories? I don't know what particular incident you are talking about, though. We have always been the best of friends and had a wonderful time together.

:whip:

Loads of writing. The submission for the residency (still no word), entry into a short story comp (success, made the short list, winner announced at the end of the month), and more recently the Sisyphus, where… ahem… certain notable members of royalty may have been besmirched in some petty acts of vengeance. But yeah, it was fun, a novella and three short stories, one of which I got a bit of assistance with from a mutual friend. :D

I'm glad you have been so productive. Congrats. :)

*Raises eyebrow* You actually do have fleas?

I’ve got a few things on this month that I’m really looking forward to, and then of course Christmas will be just around the corner, and with that comes a pretty poxy amount of hot weather.

You could always come over here where the cold will cause all your fleas to disappear. As a matter of fact there are some areas of the U.S. that are buried in snow at the moment, in case you were anxious to get a head start escaping the heat.

Last edited:

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score

*blinks*

What happened to the dog? Is he sick? Did he hit his head? This behavior is... unusual.

Norm. You are confusing me so much right now.

Well where else would they be? Here, let me check…

*counts on paws*

Here we go: Queen Coddi 4.5 points, Prince Puppy 4 points.

Nah. He's fine.

Good afternoon, lovely Royals! I hope you all have a wonderful... evening, or whatever. It's later than I thought! Busy day.

The colors are starting to blaze here in New York. Best time of year. Looking forward to getting outside this weekend.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Good Saturday, dear Royals.

Your Majesty, I envy you your blaze of color. I miss it quite a lot, actually. To me fall is the best of seasons, when you are in a place that has a decent one. Still, I'm looking forward to the first cool down since summer hit. Monday a "cold" front will pass through and it will drop the temps out of the 90's into the 80's. And the night temps will drop into the 60's. It will feel better for a couple days. Hopefully the next cold front will better adjust the temps. It has been a brutal summer.

I need to go shopping for a swimsuit. Which is a near impossibility to find when it gets past June because all the stores stop stocking them and all that is left is what's on the clearance racks. I have aqua therapy that will be starting up and I have to have clothing to wear. They frown on people showing up for therapy au naturel.

Have a lovely day. I'm off for coffee, of course. :greenie