Re-thinking My Blog

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
I'm working on building a site that allows people to post and share character profiles from their stories. I'd like to re-shape my blog to fit that theme. I've started playing with a few ideas for content, and one feature I would really like add is guest articles focused on the writer's favorite character (either from fiction, film, or other media), and what he/she feels makes that character strong. Obviously, I can't write this feature myself, as it would be pretty biased and rather short.

My question is, how do I go about looking for guest blog writers? I'm not looking for authors of New York Times bestsellers, or even published authors nessasarily. I'm just looking for regular people who like to write, and hopefully, I can direct a little traffic their way too.

Is AbsolutteWrite an appropriate place to ask for matieral, or is that considered spamming? Thanks in advance!

lostwanderer5

Registered
Reaction score
You can try posting a request for Guest Bloggers here. As long as you just make one post, I don't see why it should be considered spamming.

Bluegate

Clearly has too much time on hand.
Registered
Reaction score
What is this? Some kind of stalker question?
If it were my blog I would want to specifically invite writers whose work I thought would add value to my blog. You might try visiting other blogs making a few comments and then invite them to do a guest post.