Just watched The Post again.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen it before but it was a long time ago. This is probably silly to some folks but I tear up over it. The Pentagon Papers were so incredibly important.

Between a woman (Katharine Graham) standing up to men and the press finally standing up to the previous two decades of POTUSes, that is what America was and should be about. We needed this when we got stuck with Trump, and we still need it because he's not gone yet and even without him his cult remnants are still in Congress. People need to remember what can happen if we the people (in the US) let it.

I loved the ending. You hear Nixon saying he won't let such things that damage him and the government happen again then the scene cuts to the security guard finding the duct-taped lock at the Watergate which is how the Democratic Headquarters break-in was discovered.

Lakey

professional dilettante
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Love that movie. A cool thing about that ending is that it is a shot-for-shot quotation of the opening of All The President’s Men. I love newspaper movies so of course I recognized it and jumped out of my seat. A very cool little quotation and bit of continuity.

(Off topic but if you like newspaper movies you must also watch Spotlight.)

:e2coffee: