Join In

Status
Not open for further replies.

veingloree

I'm going to write something for this one. Maybe some of you will too? In which case I could use someone to swap with for proofreading. Any thoughts about how dark 'dark' should be here?

---------------------
ETERNALLY NOIR

This call is for the for next of these, entitled; ‘Eternally Noir’

Guidelines; We seek powerfully dark, erotic short stories of between 2,500 and 4,000 words. Elements of mystery, the supernatural, BDSM, foreboding, tragedy, fear, revenge etc., can be included. The purpose of the ebook is to shock, or scare, not to disgust the reader.

nolabohemian

I've noticed you and I hang out on pretty much all of the same boards. I'd be happy to swap with you, 'casue I think our stuff is going to along the same lines.

I think they're looking for, like, Poe with sex. Probably not too much killing, but mysterious goings on and creeky doors and mist and such.

veingloree

Okay then. I was thinking of finishing a story that I have in which a man brings back his lovers ghost to inflict revenge. It's rather explicit, homosexual.

nolabohemian

All my back stock of dark erotica is currently submitted, so I am going to have to come up with something new.

I'll work on it today. If you want, you can email me [email protected].

AprilBoo

I was considering writing something for this too, but I was thinking "noir" in the tradition of film noir - an deliciously bad femme fatale, a hapless alpha male, with the sex as the catalyst rather than a crime. Do you think this would fly for this publication?

nolabohemian

The guidelines look like they want something a little more gothic. Could you work in some sort of supernatural element? Maybe something like a cursed jewel or some priceless artifact related to some secret society? Something along those lines. I think the feeling of film noir would translate well, though.

captivatex

Re: Join in

Hi everyone,

reading your posts with interest here :) I'm the owner and editor for Logical-Lust, and Eternally Noir is my market listing.

The suggestions and ideas you have come up with all do fall into the kind of thing I am looking for. I just wanted to say that fo your benefit.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

veingloree

Nice to hear that!

To you writer guys. I have a half finished story and wouldn't mind input on how best to wind up the plot. Anyone at a similar stage feel free to email me at veingloriaATlycos.com to swap manuscripts.

veingloree

While we are walking on the dark side, see also velvetmafia.com (gay erotica)

"Special Issue: We’re hitting some new ground with issue #13, looking for work that’s befitting that superstitious number. Bring us hot fiction that goes beyond the norm; ghost stories, thrillers, or creepy sci-fi, literary, erotic, dark and tasty… we want it all. Prefer previously unpublished fiction. Issue #13 hits the web on November 1st, so email submissions must be in before October 1st. We’d love to have you… at least your story."

KatYares

Veinglory,

Just an aside to say I subbed a story to Eternally Noir today. Cross your fingers for me.

Blessings
Kat

veingloree

Good luck!!! I will try and finish mine this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.