International Week of the Deaf '15

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:. September 21-27, 2015, is International Week of the :deaf:.

http://wfdeaf.org/news/international-week-of-the-deaf-2015 :applause:

With permission of mods Sara and Poet, I'll bump this bulletin just before the week kicks off. :ty:

My older sister was born :deaf:, so I learned American Sign Language (signed in Canada, USA, Mexico, and many Spanish-speaking parts of Central and South America) as a toddler. It came in handy :)greenie) throughout my life but never so much when I became totally :deaf: 14 years ago.

:ily:, Chase

Last edited:

atthebeach

In my happy place
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chase,

Didnt you do a cool "fact of the day" or something one year for this? That would be great if you wanted to do that again!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My city has a fairly large deaf community. The last time Mr. Maryn and I went walking along the old trestle bridge, we saw new pro-deaf graffiti, which means school's back in session.

Hello to my deaf friends.

Maryn, who doesn't hear so well on the left

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't you do a cool "fact of the day" or something one year for this? That would be great if you wanted to do that again!

Your video is even cooler, Atthebeach. I love the bogus pronouncements through the ages. The waiting song is great.

:ty:, Maryn. So could you hear better if you became a Republican? Instead of a cochlear implant, maybe I should try a comb-over. :greenie

:ily: guys.