Goodbye, cruel world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gala

Re: Also

Dawn,
Thanks for the inspiration.

I wonder if you could use that device they have for sleep apnea. I gather it wakes the person if they stop breathing.

Not that you need it, but maybe it'd give you peace of mind so you can sleep better?

I like the glass of wine, champagne. As I get older it seems I don't metabolize it as well, or even enjoy it as much. I've had reason to anesthetize my emotions, and the bubbly gets so tempting. I'm avoiding it.

Cheers. :peace

MrAngelwithnowings

Dont give up and hang in there.

Dont give up.

AND especially dont go backwards.

Two of my brothers drink EVERY weekend. They plan with friends and look forward to it all week long. Sometimes the alcohol brings out the darker side of people though. Alcohol can put you or your loved ones in a very dangerous environment...

It also affects financially...

My brothers complain about bills, not having enough to do more things with their children etc. I try to tell them its the alcohol but they never listen. If they cant even listen to themselves, why would they listen to me.

You are doing the right thing however. You are doing what I wish they would do before its too late.

So dont EVER EVER go backwards. It may be a one-way trip down next time.

As for sleeping, hmmm I remember not wanting to sleep because I thought I would stop breathing and die. It was a mental fear to me.... I forgot how I conquered it..i dont want to remember that much because it might come back

:rofl

As for God...if you want to seek him...go for it. Thats what I did when I really needed strength and will to face my adversities.

Unlike others around you, He wont judge you, criticize you, put you down, or make you feel like crap. He's the greatest listener and he can be your greatest friend.

I know first hand.

:thumbs

Yeshanu

Re: Dont give up and hang in there.

Dawn (and Gala),

One day at a time. :hug

Glad to hear you slept, Dawn. :hug

And Angel, I don't know of a brother on earth who would listen to his siblings on this matter. I know mine doesn't. <sigh> I'm with ya there, buddy.

Greenwolf103

Re: Dont give up and hang in there.

Thank you so much, you guys!! :hug I do think I'm out of the woods because I'm not tempted anymore and I'm able to get through my days without even a sip. At first I thought that having just one would be okay but then I found out that that wasn't possible. (Yes, I *did* have one bad day after my first post on this.) I truly think that I'm better off without it completely. If I'm in a position where there's social drinking going on, I'll just have the nonalcoholic drink and not care what looks I end up getting.

I used to be a heavy drinker, in my early 20's. (Yup, the introduction to alcohol at the age of 21 did it!) That was when I had a friend in AA decide he would help me stop. I did (after a long time) but I have no one to help now. But I think I'm doing okay. A lot better than last time, at least. The support I've been getting here REALLY helps!!

It's so weird. I feel like a different person. Really. Everything just seems so ... new.

And, yeah, I do still have the breathing loss episodes. In fact, I had a small one yesterday. But so far, so good. I don't know if it has anything to do with the absence of alcohol or not. But if it gets worse, I'm going to see a doctor about it. I may even have to postpone my trip to Atlanta. :(

Gala, I am glad I inspired you. :) Though I have heard that a daily glass of wine won't hurt you. In fact, it's supposed to be good for you. But if you get to a point where you're indulging, then, yes, it's time to stop. That's what happened with me. Good luck to you and please let me know what happens.

MrAngel, I am not going to look back. Believe me; looking back is what drove me into depression before. And drinking, of course. I don't recommend it to anyone with a troubled past. As for your brothers, I empathize. Mine are the same way. One of them is even on welfare and has 4 kids. That money spent on alcohol should go towards the family. It really does make a difference when you don't use it for booze. Same with smoking; that is money saved put to good use. (Er, not to bash smokers here. And I'm not speaking from personal experience, either. It's just what I've heard.)

I am worried about that one-way trip down... That's why I had to put a STOP to my self-destruction. I just had to END it. Before it was too late.

Thank you again. You, too, Ruth!! :hug

Take care.

--Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.