Find that word in your WIP

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
In the middle, boards leaned together into a furniture fort, like hands frozen in applause.

write

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
“Are you planning to write my biography?”

hand

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
I bent my fingers slightly and winced. My bad hand still pricked with numbness. “You know why. Our hands aren’t like theirs.”

I have the word hand typed over two hundred times!

bird

Last edited:

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
The wipers squealed across the windshield, struggling over the dry areas in a rhythmic pattern that sounded like a morning birdcall.

dripping

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
He lugged another barrel, and a wedge of charred wood at the bottom cracked off. He swore and stopped, and a bead of sweat dripped off his nose.

water

Last edited:

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
“Now, if you combine two Hydrogen and one Oxygen, you will get...” The assassin watched in a mixture of surprise and awe as the letters combined and ball of water floated right in front of her.

Trench

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
She bent her head down. Four parallel grooves were gouged into the surface of the table, like little trenches. They were filled with brown gunk. She wrinkled her nose.

present

M.S. Wiggins

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
His eyes express sincerity. Even if I searched for hours or days, duplicity would not present itself because he’s telling the truth as he knows it.

song

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Nature unfolding through the seasons, like a song or a story. Nature in rhythm taking care of itself.

accusation

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
“You’re lying to me aren’t you?” Elytra said accusingly. “You told me the element to make a pencil is the best element because you know what I’m planning.” She glared at him a little. “Stop reading my mind...”

fry

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
“What?” Mortin jerked his head back, causing the teleportation chip to fall to the carpet. “Did the teleportation chip fry your brain?”

Electric

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
We were hurdling down a tunnel, electric signs counting down the miles until home like a time-bomb.

World

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
“It’s all superstition anyways,” Anvajoi said. “There’s a reason the rest of the world thinks us savages."

Gold

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
The Dragon gazed at the trio with its glowing red eyes while rubbing its precious gold with its black razor sharp claws. Its bright green scales vibrate ever so gently whenever they make a movement.

“Now what?” Fabio asked. “Ask for sugar?”

sugar

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
A blue-green bacterium, Alphonse flourished in a boundless sea. He pulled carbon dioxide from the water and made sugar. He excreted so much oxygen that it escaped into the air. The oxygen changed the methane in the air into more carbon dioxide, which diffused back into the ocean, giving him even more to eat.

hospital

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The scene was out of place. In the city people are flown to the hospital and straight into a sterile room to be patched up with spare parts.

hovel

You know you're obsessive about editing when you edit a sentence after you posted it in this thread. :tongue

Last edited:

M.S. Wiggins

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A late autumn breeze blew through every missing board of that hovel, chilling me to attention.

truth

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh, I like these snippets.

It was like listening to the senators back home, discussing budgets and laws, while in truth discussing their own interests, dealing, planning items short- and long-term.

painting

Last edited:

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
In the distance, the overcast skies obscured the view of Boston, coloring the distant buildings in shades of blue and gray like an abstract painting.

explosion

M.S. Wiggins

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another small shed-like room lifted us up into a second explosion of color. Back to green. Somehow it pulled off jungle and forest in one biome. We couldn’t go anywhere at first, because something big was being eaten by something bigger.

separate

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
The robotic beast stood on the other side of the ring, growling. Only forty feet and a ramp separated us.

fruit

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Plum branches hung down around them, heavy with fruit. Tufts of yellowing grass hugged the legs of the bench she sat upon.

politeness

JDGood

Registered
Reaction score
She leaned in closer and her perfume invaded my heightened senses, “Some people are worried that you may be inebriated, honey. Is this your first time drinking?”

overcame

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Energy flowed beneath my spot. It swirled faster. Dizziness overcame me. “Ack! What’s happening? My hand!”

tears

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
The little girl jerked her head up and looked around, giving me a clear look of her face. Her bright innocent green eyes widens in fear and tears of horror trickled down her cream white face. “Wh-where are you... Pl-please don’t hurt me!” She begged in fear.

Clash