Favorite movie lines

Melina

Some of mine are:

"You're not even interesting enough to make me sick!" (Cher to Jack Nicholson in The Witches of Eastwick)

"Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly, smartass!" (Mike Myers to himself in So I Married an Axe Murderer)

"No more rhyming, I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?" (exchange between Wallace Shawn and Andre the Giant in The Princess Bride)

Yeshanu

See my sig.

Also:

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. -- Gandalf (I watch the movie just for that line when I'm procrastinating...)

Put aside the ranger and become who you were born to be. -- Elrond to Aragorn

(Whatever gave you the idea that I only ever watch one movie? :D )

ChunkyC

"She should have thrown him away and kept the stork." - Mae West (no idea what movie)

Betty W01

“Even a good decision if made for the wrong reasons can be a wrong decision.” - Governor Swann; from Pirates of the Caribbean

spooknov

"But, why is all the rum gone?"

Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Carribean

allion

To quote Mr. Depp as well from that movie:

"But you _have_ heard of me."

Too many lines from The Godfather 1 & 2 to list here...

Kida Adelyn

*starts reciting all three LOTR movies*
"It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something."

"What are we holding on to, Sam?"

"There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for. "

"No sam! I'm going to Mordor alone" "Of coarse you are! And i'm going with you!"

evanaharris

All the lines from Spinal Tap. Though my favorites are:

[Asked by a reporter if this is the end of Spinal Tap]
David St. Hubbins: Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you.

-----

[Asked to write his own epitaph]
David St. Hubbins: Here lies David St. Hubbins... and why not?

----

Mick Shrimpton: As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.

----

[Reading a review of Spinal Tap's latest album]
Marty DiBergi: "This pretentious ponderous collection of religious rock psalms is enough to prompt the question, 'What day did the Lord create Spinal Tap, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?'"

---

David St. Hubbins: We say, "Love your brother." We don't say it really, but...
Nigel Tufnel: We don't literally say it.
David St. Hubbins: No, we don't say it.
Nigel Tufnel: We don't really, actually mean it.
David St. Hubbins: No, we don't believe it either, but...
Nigel Tufnel: But we're not racists.
David St. Hubbins: That message should be clear.

----

David St. Hubbins: It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever.

---

David St. Hubbins: I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

spooknov

"Trust everyone. Just don't trust the devil inside them." Donald Sutherland in Italian Job

rtilryarms

“You know what I think I'm gonna do then? Just for the hell of it? I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face, and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it."

Tom Laughlin, “Billy Jack”

"Smith, Nevada Smith" Steve McQueen starring as "Nevada Smith" in the movie which would lead to my getting in huge trouble all of my life.

"clickety clackety, clackety clickety, smlaap smlaap smlaap smlaap smlaap smlaap smlaap......"
The noise our home movie projector made in the '60's while on unsupervised fast rewind.

rt

jazziz1

Yea, Evan! Spinal Tap rocks. Another bit from the movie when Nigel is playing the piano and describing his cross between Beethoven's composition and rock music: "It's sort of a mock piece," (or something to that effect)

Also, Tom Hanks in A League of THeir Own: "There's no crying in baseball!" (gotta have the scene with the quote)

Pthom

clickety clackety, smlaap smlaap smlaap

Oh, those 60s movie projectors. One night, while monitoring a group of kids while their parents attended sunday school, I was showing black and white cartoons rented from the library. At one point (I believe Daffy Duck was valiantly trying to avoid being beaten to a pulp), the screen erupted in the most glorious depiction of a nuclear explosion--in living color. As the image faded to white, the scent of burning acetate reached my nostrils.

After the oohs and ahhs from the kids died down, I rethreaded the projector and we finished the cartoon. But that single event has been one of my most favorite movie experiences.

rtilryarms

Re: clickety clackety, smlaap smlaap smlaap

yea,

Thre's something about jammed reels and burning sepia that brings teary fondness to my otherwise dreary life!

evanaharris

Yea, Evan! Spinal Tap rocks. Another bit from the movie when Nigel is playing the piano and describing his cross between Beethoven's composition and rock music: "It's sort of a mock piece," (or something to that effect)

"My influences are really Mozart and Bach, and I combine them, here...you could call it a "Mach" piece..."

"That's very pretty...what's it called?"

"Lick My Love Pump"

macalicious731

"I concur." "Did you concur?" "Damn it, I should have concurred!" - Catch Me if You Can...

"Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die!" - Princess Bride (In Entertainment Weekly, Stephen King asked readers to send in their favorite movie lines - it's a good list - and that was number one!)

Along with some other great moments from The Breakfast Club, Empire Records, That Thing You Do!, Forrest Gump... as well as two hundred-some odd one-liners from Friends.

jazziz1

fav movie lines

"My influences are really Mozart and Bach, and I combine them, here...you could call it a "Mach" piece..."

"That's very pretty...what's it called?"

"Lick My Love Pump"

_______

Yup, that's the one. :b

ElonnaT

Re: fav movie lines

Currently my fave movie lines are from POTC:

Will: You cheated!
Jack: Pirate.

Jack: There'll be no living with her now.

My 6 year old's favorite:
Jack: Stop shooting holes in my boat!

And of course my old favorites from The Holy Grail:

Black Knight: "'Tis merely a flesh wound." and just about all of his lines in that movie.

Akuma

Re: fav movie lines

Kung Pow: Fist of Fury all the way.

"Betty has gone too far.Ki11ing is wrong. And bad. There should be a new stronger word for 'ki11ing'. Like badwrong...Or badong. Yes, ki11ing is badong. From this moment, I will stand for the opposite of ki11ing--Ginadab."
~the Chosen One

:lol It's so stupid, I love it!

spooknov

Re: Re: fav movie lines

Akuma got me thinking (scary, I know.)

"Hey, Hong Kong Phewy (sp?), what the fists of fury will ya?"
Shaggy in Scooby Doo Movie (right after Scooby kicks him in the face. :rollin )

"I'm not stopping till your fur's singed off."
Shaggy (in the midst of a bodily functions contest with Scooby).

That movie makes me laugh!

ReadingWriter

My favorites

"Where all de white women at?" - Cleavon Little (sporting a KKK sheet and hood) from BLAZING SADDLES.

"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." - Bette Davis from ALL ABOUT EVE.

tfdswift

Re: My favorites

"When you're finished put the seat down. Women in tribe start war over this. Many deaths." ~ Tim Allen in Jungle to Jungle.

Favorite T.V. quotes:

"The Tribe has spoken" ~ Survivor ~ My Favorite show

"You are the weakest Link ~~ Good bye." ~ The Weakest Link

~Tammy (I know I watch too much t.v. ) :p