Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Movies, TV, and Theater
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 01:06 AM   #276
Gravity
Seen 'em come, seen 'em go

Location: Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
Gravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Maybe it's the old "opposites attract" angle? The show's writers could have some fun with this, methinks!

commercially published: Abyss, Until the Last Dog Dies, When Skylarks Fall, To Skin a Cat, and Last Call

agent Chip MacGregor presently querying: Pitfall

http://www.johnrobinsonbooks.com

http://www.johnrobinsonbooks.com/blog.htm
check out my blog; c'mon, you know you want to.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #277
playground
practical experience, FTW

playground is a shiny, shiny jewelplayground is a shiny, shiny jewel
I think it is just a way to not have the show forget about them helping people while John is in the joint. What was great was Elias and John's meeting though.
playground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #278
Hiroko
Which of them was the machine?

Hiroko is well-respected
I just popped in to say...
One of my favorite shows. It's awesome. I loved this last episode--and am upset next week's episode is not new.
That is all.

...Oh, and the Fusco/Supermodel angle was, I guess, supposed to be the comedic relief for the episode. I found it funny, anyway.
Hiroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #279
playground

I do like though that the show did that. It shows that Fusco isn't useless and can be a good cop.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #280
DreamWeaver
Shakespearean Fool

DreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudge
I liked it, in that Fusco couldn't get any help, but still took care of business. I think it told us something about the character, but it also told Fusco something about himself. And all as a sort of throw-away subplot.

Yeah, I like this show.

Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters!
DreamWeaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:28 AM   #281
Kathl33n
Questioning Everything

Kathl33n has a spectacular aura
Love this show. And Jim Caviezel (sp?) is very easy on the eyes. :P
Kathl33n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #282
playground

Wow. Wow. Wow. I feel it was pretty obvious Harold was the one that sold the laptop for a while, but still this episode was incredible.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #283
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern ItŠ

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thumbs up I LOVE This Show!!!!

OK,

First of all, I almost missed last night's episode because I thought the season was over.

I just happened to check the listings and saw that it was a "new" episode.

Second,

OMG! - What an amazing, edge-of-your-seat, heart-pounding ending.

That exchange between John and Jos as they held hands - Broke my heart.

Somebody help me out, please...

I don't understand the connection between Harold and the laptop and John's former (female) partner?

SPOILER:

I loved the way that piece of paper with Harold's name on it slowly burned up in the wreckage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Kylabelle: Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #284
ElaineA
Back in the saddle

ElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
***SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER***

How well done was that car bombing?? I was NOT expecting that. Such an elegant solution to two problems! LOVED IT.

Last edited by ElaineA; 02-03-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Not enough space to hide the spoiler, dangit!
ElaineA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #285
oakes
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

oakes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavern08 View Post
OK,

That exchange between John and Jos as they held hands - Broke my heart.
From your writer's perspective, do you think that "Person of Interest" is hinting at a potential romantic relationship between Reese and Carter?
oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:15 AM   #286
ElaineA
Back in the saddle

ElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I thought that too, but red herrings are the bread and butter of TV, right? I liked the idea of her getting together with that black cop she had a date with a few episodes ago. He's a 'bad boy'--good potential for tension there.

Last edited by ElaineA; 02-04-2013 at 03:17 AM. Reason: wretched typing
Old 02-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #287
Lavern08

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakes View Post

From your writer's perspective, do you think that "Person of Interest" is hinting at a potential romantic relationship between Reese and Carter?
I think there is some chemistry between them, and while I'd love to see them walk off into the sunset together, I think Reese is fated to "walk alone."

Quote:

Kylabelle: Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #288
Chase
AW benefactor & vice versa

Chase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I think there is some chemistry between them, and while I'd love to see them walk off into the sunset together, I think Reese is fated to "walk alone."
I agree. Jim Caviezel is a master at portraying the flawed, tragic loner, and Reese is as much machine as the one doling out social security numbers. Echoing here how much I like the series.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 AM   #289
ElaineA
Back in the saddle

And it would cause the show to Jump the Shark. Remember what happened to House!! Take Warning, PoI writers!! Resist at all costs!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #290
Lavern08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post

And it would cause the show to Jump the Shark. Remember what happened to House!! Take Warning, PoI writers!! Resist at all costs!
Word.

I was done with House when he and Cuddy hooked up - ICK!!!

*Walks off mumbling about women who think they can "change" a man*

Quote:

Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #291
DreamWeaver
Shakespearean Fool

DreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudge
I can think of one way they could successfully do it, but I've hesitated to throw it in because I really don't want this to happen: the two admit that they love each other, one night of intimacy, and then Carter gets killed. Reese regresses, Finch has to pull him back from the brink of Monsterhood--it's got tragic drama written all over it. Especially if Elias helps Reese take vengeance on the killer.

But, I don't want Carter to die so forget I said that. It would be more likely to happen in a movie or on HBO than in a network series, anyway.

Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #292
Lavern08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post

... and then Carter gets killed.
NOOOOOOOOOO!

*Breathes into paper bag*

Let's just have them flirt and tease each other and leave it at that, ok?

OK, Dreamy?

Quote:

Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #293
DreamWeaver
Shakespearean Fool

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOO!

*Breathes into paper bag*

Let's just have them flirt and tease each other and leave it at that, ok?

OK, Dreamy?
OK

Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #294
Lavern08

Last night's episode was ok.

I really didn't care what happened to the POI - He was just so smug and annoying.

I wonder what that little exchange between Joss and Fusco is setting us up for?

Quote:

Old 02-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #295
playground

It looks like we finally have our Joker. This will get very interesting.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #296
Duncan J Macdonald
And now, back to Plotting!

Duncan J Macdonald has a double-platinum reputationDuncan J Macdonald has a double-platinum reputationDuncan J Macdonald has a double-platinum reputationDuncan J Macdonald has a double-platinum reputationDuncan J Macdonald has a double-platinum reputationDuncan J Macdonald has a double-platinum reputationDuncan J Macdonald has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Last night's episode was ok.

I really didn't care what happened to the POI - He was just so smug and annoying.
We just cleared two long-running adversaries, Agent Snow and Agent Donnelly. Elias is in Rikers (which is strictly a temporary holding facility, so he's likely awaiting trial). I guess we needed another arc-riding opposition figure to threaten the Machine.

Look what we have -- a foil for Finch (eccentric, wealthy, computer savant), a headache for Reese (hard to track a man who is so unpredictable), and [insert SWAG here] a piece of cake for Zoe. The writers can stretch this arc out for a while.

Quote:
I wonder what that little exchange between Joss and Fusco is setting us up for?
To me, Fusco was going to try and confess his shady past, and the fact that both Davidson and Stills were killed by Reese and buried by Fusco (Davidson in the woods, Stills along the shores of Long Island) as part of Reese's recruitment and handling of Fusco as an 'asset'.

I suspect that Carter will figure it out, and end up forgiving Fusco.
Hamster #164
Duncan J Macdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #297
oakes
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

oakes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
I can think of one way they could successfully do it, but I've hesitated to throw it in because I really don't want this to happen: the two admit that they love each other, one night of intimacy, and then Carter gets killed. Reese regresses, Finch has to pull him back from the brink of Monsterhood--it's got tragic drama written all over it. Especially if Elias helps Reese take vengeance on the killer.

But, I don't want Carter to die so forget I said that. It would be more likely to happen in a movie or on HBO than in a network series, anyway.
That would be a really good storyline IF Taraji P. Henson decided to leave "Person Of Interest".
oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #298
Lavern08

Thumbs up I Lurve Me Some POI

Another amazing episode IMHO.

Watching John work as a bellhop and Finch as the concierge was hilarious, and the fight in the hotel kitchen was fantastic.

Fusco kicked some butt too, didn't he?

SPOILER:

I was amused at the end when we learn that Finch bought the hotel and hired the maid to manage it.

Do ya think John and Zoe "hooked up" in the penthouse?

Quote:

Old 02-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #299
DreamWeaver
Shakespearean Fool

Quote:
SPOILER:

I was amused at the end when we learn that Finch bought the hotel and hired the maid to manage it.
It's good to be a billionaire.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #300
Lavern08

Thumbs up Excellent Job Writers...

...I mean seriously, this show just keeps getting better and better.

SPOILER:

Anyone else think that Finch's insistence that the POI take his business card mean that we'll be seeing more of her in the future?

...And John seemed to be intrigued by her skills too.

Quote: