Person of Interest.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, too. I especially liked that it was ambiguous as to whether the reporter realized [spoiler space because I can't get the white font color to work]

who Reese was at the end :D. She did that "urban legend" awfully fast, and "I'd've already met him" reinforced that for me. But, definitely open to interpretation ;).

Plus I learned from the ending of The Lovely Bones that something I think is obvious can be totally discounted by others.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I have a feeling this reporter might come back a bit. For someone that is so smart, I can't imagine that she didn't at least THINK that John might have been the man in the suit. He was wearing a suit EVERY TIME for crying out loud! Even when he picked her up lunch or whatever and he poured her whine!

I would also like to point out, that I don't know how the show is finding these actors, but they are INCREDIBLE. Outside of Astro (the kid actor from last year) pretty much all of them are acting great. I also LOVED who the HR guy is. I would have never suspected him, and it makes sense that he would be involved with getting certain political people into office, that gives him all of the power. I especially loved the lighting of the final scene and the utterance of that phrase to Simmons again. This show, it's just too good. I worry these writers are going to be plucked up really soon for other stuff.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a feeling this reporter might come back a bit. For someone that is so smart, I can't imagine that she didn't at least THINK that John might have been the man in the suit. He was wearing a suit EVERY TIME for crying out loud! Even when he picked her up lunch or whatever and he poured her wine!

I know, right? I yelled at the TV: "Don't wear a suit, John!" :D

I would also like to point out, that I don't know how the show is finding these actors, but they are INCREDIBLE.
... I also LOVED who the HR guy is - I especially loved the lighting of the final scene and the utterance of that phrase to Simmons again. This show, it's just too good.

I totally agree. Can this show get any better?
icon14.gif

AlexPiper

Wayward Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
Seattle, WA -- land of rain, home of the spice caf
Website
www.fabulaurbanus.com
I know, right? I yelled at the TV: "Don't wear a suit, John!" :D
Though I admit I was saying much the same thing while watching... in fairness, they *are* in New York. It's not like there's exactly a shortage of suit-wearing men, and he did make a point of not being remotely badass in her line-of-sight at all.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I agree that it is normal for men in New York to wear suits a lot. It's just that with Finch being so meticulous with everything, with the whole cyber footprint and everything (and the glasses remember), I would expect him to suggest not wearing a suit 24/7 that's all haha.

*EDIT*

I understand that suit is like John's costume, it's just under these circumstances I would think for this one episode they would have him try and wear something else.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yep,

Another amazing episode...

...I wonder what was hinted at when John and Zoe went back into the house at the end? :D

Oh, and did anyone else notice the look on Carter's face when John introduced Zoe as his "wife?" ;)

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I keep my hopes up for a Carter/Reese relationship. I don't hold my breath because it goes against all the TV tropes. It would not only be interracial, but (more TV-importantly) it would be between a magazine-slick "beautiful person" and a nice-looking but more ordinary-looking person. As far as I can tell in TV-land and in movieland, it's very much relegated to dating within your own "looks" category.*

If I were less naïve, I'd admit that's actually somewhat true to life. ;)

*Except a male star of any looks category on his own comedy show can have a gorgeous wife.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I kind of like that Carter isn't 'into' Reese. He goes against everything she is. She's by-the-book, and Reese isn't. I also like having a strong female lead that doesn't fall for the guy. What I like so much about this show is they don't shove things down our throats. They hint at it and slowly weave these things into the story. Like with how they show how the machine basically played matchmaker with Finch meeting his wife. He didn't at one point state something like "do you want me to talk to her" or something cliche like that. They trust us as an audience and I love that.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I can see why you would like that Carter isn't 'into' Reese. I think it's sort of competing clichés. I don't like the "only same-level looks" one and you don't like the "lead female falls for lead male" one.

I have to say, when I think of a relationship, I think of Reese falling for Carter rather than the other way around. I agree with you that she is too straight arrow for it to happen the other way around. Maybe I am just a sucker for the "saved by falling in love with a good person" cliché :D.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While I think there's a mutual admiration thing going on between John and Det. Carter (have they ever mentioned her first name?)...

...I think when it's all said and done, Reese and Finch will walk off into the sunset together - two old friends - who, because of their "mission," were denied the luxury of the wife, kids and the "house in the suburbs." :(

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I'll go along with that, but I'll add an extra touch of sadness for the way things might have been, as Reese rides off into the sunset with an unrequited attraction to Carter that in the end he was too noble (or too uncertain) to put to the test... :D

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I've a good friend named Joss, short for Jocelyn.

ETA: Oh. you didn't mean where did the nickname come from, you meant what episode, yes? Never mind.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... as Reese rides off into the sunset with an unrequited attraction to Carter that in the end he was too noble (or too uncertain) to put to the test... :D

Ahhh, so I see you're a hopeless romantic too. ;)

Oh, and now that you mention it Duncan, I think I do recall Carter's first name is Joslyn. :hi:

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh, so I see you're a hopeless romantic too. ;)

Oh, and now that you mention it Duncan, I think I do recall Carter's first name is Joslyn. :hi:
Definitely a hopeless romantic, masquerading as a pragmatic :D. Well met!

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I kind of feel like the show will end with Reese and Finch finally stopping Elias but still doing their job. Because honestly, their job would never end and I don't think they could just walk away with all the good they have done. I kind of feel like it's going to end with Finch saying:

"We've got another number Mr. Reese."

Then Jon smiles, and the show ends.

I will admit though, if Jon ends up with either Carter or Zoe, I like how the show set it up that both can take care of themselves. They didn't go the easy route and just made it some damsel that Jon would battle with himself saying stuff like "by being around me, you are endangering yourself so we can't be together BLAH BLAH BLAH." That doesn't work here because both women CAN and DO take care of themselves just fine.

On-a-side note I was watching the movie Four Brothers a couple days ago (the movie with Wahlberg) and I noticed Carter was in it and was Andre 3000's wife in it. It was weird seeing her play the role she did because it is so different from her role as Carter.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this week's episode was phenomenal. I especially loved the ending. The ONLY gripe I have is that Finch is an extremely intelligent guy and he realized someone was on the inside giving information to the bad guys and that one girl wanted to stay. Something should have gone off in Finch's head that she was possibly dirty.

I also love the new bad guy that will be making appearances.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, that was definitely a "don't wear the suit!" moment :D.

And I can't believe they got the guy from "A Room With a View" to be the villain. I love Julian Sands.

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
This episode also put an end to the "What is Detective Carter's first name?" questions. We got at least three good shots of her business card.

Detective. Joss Carter

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This episode also put an end to the "What is Detective Carter's first name?" questions. We got at least three good shots of her business card. Detective Joss Carter

I know, right?

You guys think one of the writers is a member of AW? :D

Can't believe we gotta wait 2 weeks for the next episode. :(

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
I fall more in love with this show every week. Seriously. Hubby gives me the side eye whenever it's on. I love all the characters. Even Bear is awesome. For a show that has the same premise week after week it still keeps me on the edge of my seat. I almost fear they can't keep it this good for another season.

Off-topic: I walk by that diner where Reese & Carter meet up a couple of times a week. Unfortunately they film in the early morning so I never see anyone :(

Off-off topic: They film the Good Wife in the same neighborhood.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I fall more in love with this show every week.

For a show that has the same premise week after week it still keeps me on the edge of my seat. I almost fear they can't keep it this good for another season.

Indeed.

Off-topic: I walk by that diner where Reese & Carter meet up a couple of times a week. Unfortunately they film in the early morning so I never see anyone :(

OMG! Now that's an event I'd camp out for just to get a glimpse of those two in person.