Today was a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMolly

My beat is correct
Registered
Reaction score
Just 'cause you feel it doesn't mean it's there
1,050 brand-spankin'-new words in about an hour and a half (or however long it takes for my kids to watch "Robots"). Finished a chapter, and, without any preplanning on my part, the Plot Thickened. And three of my characters got in a nasty shouting match that revealed the Overarching Theme of the book. Woo-hoo!

How's your writing weekend going? And did anyone find anything in the weekend book review section of your local rag that sounds worth reading? (I'm still on the hunt for a darn good novel to read next week.)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a very productive weekend (including friday). About 4K this weekend. I finished a chapter book (lower grade level) and I'm about 8-10K from finishing my middle grade mystery. Just in time for NaNo! Whoot!

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having a "meh" time lately of being able to get words down. Several reasons for that, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Everybody who's having lots of productivity -- yay! Good for you! :D

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
Well done Red Molly and Soccer Mom.

I don't work on the weekends but I have been editing Expat Brat (it's the name of my book – not me - hubs is the expat brat) and have been finding lots and lots of redundant sections that can be cut. Which is brilliant as I am more than fifty-thousand words over budget. Cutting out sections was difficult at first as I loved everyone one of those words, but now I am enjoying the pruning process.

Am also identifying areas that deserve more attention, and skimmed areas that would be better if skipped altogether. There are a couple of themes I have not given enough focus or attention to and I am reworking these to give the novel more punch. It is slowly coming together.

It is school holidays this week (I teach swimming at an international school) so I am spending the entire week editing, cleaning and fixing up.

RG570

Registered
Reaction score
I do the same amount every day, so the weekend wasn't any different for me. I'm finally getting to the part where the s**t hits the fan though, and I'm nearing the end of this first draft. It's good to be over that annoying middle part.

Sesselja

RedMolly said:
(I'm still on the hunt for a darn good novel to read next week.)

I would recommend "Out Stealing Horses" by Norwegian writer Per Petterson (you can get it through Amazon.com). It's a beautiful book.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Over the weekend-ish, I sold all sorts of stuff for publication (which I'm waiting to talk about in detail 'till contracts are signed and it's a safe bet). Otherwise, I wrote a short story and a poem purely on whim over the weekend, and then did some good comic-script writing...which is not as fun to write as what you did, Molly, but had to get done... :)

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
I crossed the 50,000 word mark, all while hosting a sleepover and birthday party for my Little Guy. And watching football. :D

RedMolly

My beat is correct
Registered
Reaction score
Just 'cause you feel it doesn't mean it's there
For pub? Rock on, PeeDee... and everyone else who had a productive weekend!

I also discovered that the waterproof notebooks were just what the (book) doctor ordered... I've already got one overflowing with story notes from a long (long long) shower.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I had a wicked productive weekend. :D

Yesterday Co-Writer and I finished draft one of our first novel together (her first completed novel, and my third). Clocked in at 114,00 words, and we immediately celebrated with a bottle of Concord Wine.

:hooray:

Sunshine13

Mom by day, writer by night!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
christacarol.com
I did ok. I've been kind of at a stall with where I am in the ms. I forced myself to write though, and got 2.6K words written over the weekend. I have a feeling, however, this chapter will be heavily revised. You know, when things just don't flow out like they need to? I think it's the subject matter. Never been good with relationship/love scenario's. Why oh why I chose to have one, I have no clue. Actually, I don't think *I* did the choosing. *Glares at her main character* she tends to control my writing sometimes. Teehee. ;)

Glad to hear you got a lot done. I love when that happens, things rolling out perfectly like that. Sorry we missed each other though. Maybe some other time? ;)

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
chaostitan said:
I had a wicked productive weekend. :D

Yesterday Co-Writer and I finished draft one of our first novel together (her first completed novel, and my third). Clocked in at 114,00 words, and we immediately celebrated with a bottle of Concord Wine.
:hooray:

And then you woke up, naked and alone, in the forest surrounded by quiet and slightly stunned sheep with no idea how you got there but with a definite feeling that you've hurt your lower back.

....or something.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
PeeDee said:
And then you woke up, naked and alone, in the forest surrounded by quiet and slightly stunned sheep with no idea how you got there but with a definite feeling that you've hurt your lower back.

....or something.

:Wha:

Have you been spying on me again?

:e2tongue:

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I don't know if it counts as spying if you call me up first and say something like "Can you hold the camera?"

Gawd...

Status
Not open for further replies.