The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
My check arrived! My check arrived! My check arrived! In full! :e2bouncey:e2bouncey:e2bouncey

I think it was the ground Cullen that did it. :D I know it has a lot to do with the Power of Purgatory!

(((Mrs B))) You poor thing. It must be a horrible thing to have, never mind finding ways to function every day. Best of luck with your sub.

Good luck, Leanan.

Dragon, that was very nice of you but I understand how you felt about it. However, I do think you need to consider how to capitalize on this for future exposure, projects and income.

Phoenix, that sounds scary! Phew for uneaten fluffy little dog.

Dys, you really need to meditate before sleep. It's clearing your mind that (IMHO) will be the best thing for you.

I was on Skype with a client this morning, thunder and lightning all around and rain beating on the skylight above my head, when all of a sudden my client dives for cover and I'm thinking, hey, I know this all sounds close, but the action is happening here, not in Chile! As it happened, he was experiencing an earthquake! Ha. A 5.5, not terribly big, but he was right at the epicenter. It was an exciting call.

((WD)) Good luck!

Red, I'd say good luck but I have no idea what I'm wishing for. I mean, Krampus?? That horrible twisty tongued creature of nightmares?? Yuck.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Amarie, best of luck with Skype visit. I bet it will go really well, and the kitten can't hurt. ;)

Rick, I meant to ask: did you use all those answers! Haha.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Blue! :hooray: :snoopy:

Amarie, that is so sad. The kids have free reading material available, but can't access it? It's just wrong. :(

People. Krampus + tongue + smut = (fill in the obvious blanks here) My oh my!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Skype visit later today and I just happen to have black kitten to show the kids who is just like the black kitten in WR. They'll be far more interested in her than me.

I don't know if I've posted this before, but the librarian who arranged this told me their area is so poor, parents won't let the kids have library cards because they are afraid they will run up the fines. Very sad.
This makes me want to send $25 or so to the library, to be used up in small increments for any impoverished child who gets a fine for a book up to three days late.

That's just so sad, all the richness and possibilities a library has to offer, off-limits for these kids.

Maryn, who loved the library as a child

Cake

Registered
Reaction score
That is very sad about the library, I used to love picking out my books from the library when I was little (plus I got to have a real plastic card like a grown up, with my signature and everything!)

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
BLUE!!! YAY! :snoopy:

My awesome for the day:

FPF is up on Goodreads! :D They haven't loaded the cover image, and I just applied for the author page, but if you search for it, it's there. Squee! :) :Sun:

If anyone wants to add it to their lists, I'll just be over here in the corner handing out chocolate. *whistles*

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
YAY for Blue's money!!!!!

Big hugs for Mrs. B.

Sorry bout the R, Lily.

We see one of my daughter's friends at the library sometimes, but her mom told can't take out anything -- more than $50 in outstanding fines.

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Off to buy a new leash.

Oh lord. My slobbering beast got maced by the mailman over just such an event. Glad there was no worse harm than somebody needing fresh panties.

Skype visit later today and I just happen to have black kitten to show the kids who is just like the black kitten in WR. They'll be far more interested in her than me.

I don't know if I've posted this before, but the librarian who arranged this told me their area is so poor, parents won't let the kids have library cards because they are afraid they will run up the fines. Very sad.

The kitten will be an awesome addition. And yes, the matter of library fines is a heartbreaker. This is why my sister has to have a system where kids can work off their fines, because so many of her students can't pay fines. :(

My check arrived! My check arrived! My check arrived! In full! :e2bouncey:e2bouncey:e2bouncey

Red, I'd say good luck but I have no idea what I'm wishing for. I mean, Krampus?? That horrible twisty tongued creature of nightmares?? Yuck.

YAAAAAAY!!! for $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!

Mmmmmm... horrible twisty tongue indeed. :D

Form R on a short. Poop. Will sub to next market on list in approximately 2 hours.

That's the way to run the game, Lil. Send it back out before it cools off.

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Hola, Purgies. Better vibes in here than yesterday.

{{{MrsBrommers}}} Vertigo is evil.

Clovia, you done good. Not sure I'm up for Krampus smut, but I'm definitely glad Red's writing it, and I'm sure there will be an audience.

I'd like a couple of nice, quiet weeks if possible. Universe, are you listening?
+1 Kitten-fortified Skyping sounds like an excellent plan.

Phoenix, my black lab has fear aggression, and nothing makes it worse than when she's confined on a leash and is charged by a yappy, small dog, who isn't restrained. When I know the owners won't control their dogs and have time, I've actually let her loose. Glad it turned out okay, but yikes.

Dys, you might call your doctor for advice. It's possible they'll adjust the timing of your meds.

Wahooo. Cash that sucker ASAP, before the account empties from anyone else they hoped to placate.

Dragon, I think Blue is right, though I'm terrible at these things. Keep alert for win-win situations. How nice that a good person and clinician is getting ahead.

Very sad about the kids and the libraries. :( I wonder if there's a way for people to donate change or set up some kind of informal way to give the library wiggle room.

FPF is up on Goodreads! :D They haven't loaded the cover image, and I just applied for the author page, but if you search for it, it's there. Squee!
Congrats! I haven't been able to make myself participate on Goodreads. For some reason, I don't want my reading habits to become a regular source of other peoples' interest.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Yay LynDee!:)

Yay, Blue!:)

Hiya purgs!:D

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Blue!

Got my 2nd round of edits done for the vamp book. :)

Now, I'm waiting on the first half of the 2nd round of edits for the exorcism book.

I really hope that by the time the 3rd edits roll around that they don't hit at the same time. My brain may break.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Yep. It's confirmed. People suck. Every single apple gone. If the wind or deer had taken some, there would be fallen ones in the garden or the grass--at least a core or two. There's nothing. Not on any branch, even the hightest ones. One or more people sneaked into our yard sometime in the past few nights and stripped our tree bare.

Bastards.

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
(((Lily))) The only thing that would make that understandable is if they needed it to eat, and there are kids who wouldn't have fresh fruit otherwise.

*waves to Jenn*

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pouring down rain here. I still have one more class so need to go out in it.

Thunderstorms woke me up this morning and then 2 hours later, mostly clear and sunny. Weird day.

Btw I have a dog in my book. She's a ghost dog, but she's very active for being dead. A Pomeranian ghost dog named Sophie. I love her.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Yay on check Blue :)
Oh no Lil :( I hope they didn't take the apples!

Agent messaged and she's at conferences unto this time next week and we should be able to talk then :)

Last edited:

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Dys))) I am with you on the sleep issues. Actually took the day off from work because I couldn't get out of bed this morning. Second night in a row with no real REM sleep made me dizzy, headache-y and cranky. :(

(((Lily))) On a good note, I finished F0rc3 of H@bit and LOVE!!! I wanted more groveling from Frank - if you haven't read it, purgies, READ it and find out why - but he's mostly forgiven. REALLY enjoyed and can't wait to get the next one. :)

Blue, woot!

Sammy, yay for finishing edits. Speaking of which...I really need to finish mine. ;)

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi purgies!

New Medicine means I'm mostly out of pain and not quite as zonked as I was. So YAY!

And tomorrow I go to NY Comic Con !!! And meet my AGENT!!!

And today somehow I ended up the target of a bunch of people who feel that white people should only talk about race if they plan to kill themselves in apology for all the myriad atrocities caused by white people.

Which really pisses me off- YES white people have sucked and continue to suck in many places in the world. YES I know I am born to a certain privilege I will never fully appreciate. YES I am the direct descendant of some terrible terrible people.

But if we can't have a civil conversation, what hope do we have of getting better?

This medicine might make me a touch more honest than I otherwise might be.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. A rare evening post (these days). I'm waiting for love to get home, and procrastinating from working on the outline...

During a call with a B@N employee today about an event, I learned that PE is classified wrong in their computers. So, some stores (many stores?) might be shelving it in the children's section, instead of the teen section. So many :e2smack: about that. Hoping we get the classification fixed soon, but then there will still be stores where it will stay stocked incorrectly...sigh...

Maryn - I had the same thought about the donations to cover fines. And Red, I love that your sister has a work-it-off program, even though I hate that she has to have one.

(((Lily)) on the apples and the R.

High five, Lwalker!

Yippeee! Blue! Go cash that baby! And if you can, actually cash it instead of depositing it -- ie, if there is a branch of their bank nearby, go in and cash it or exchange it for a cashier's check. Then the check can't bounce on you. :D

Sammy - yay for edits!

((OL)) - good to see yo, but hope you start feeling better soon.

LGwenn - yay for better meds!

~suki

dawinsor

Dorothy A. Winsor
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Children's, Suki? Seriously? I've been watching for PE in my local B&N and haven't seen it, which I assumed was because it's a small store. It's such a great book. I wish it was more visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.