• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Bent Agency (Jenny Bent)

Monlette

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also waiting on a full from early December. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Emailed her because I got another offer, but I still didn't hear back.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query to Susan Hawk last Thursday, 3/25, and got a rejection last night. It's not a good week for me so far!

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Finally got an R from Susan from a query dated Dec 1, 2009.

Augustine

Registered
Reaction score
requested manuscripts

Has anyone heard from Jenny regarding requested full manuscripts? I sent mine about five months ago, and haven't heard anything. I've followed up a few times, too; but heard no response. Jenny does respond, right? She's not one of those agents who just ignore if they decide they're not interested?

wallybruce

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wallyrudolph.com
I'm in the same boat as you, Augustine. I followed up a couple of times, and I believe she still has my manuscript for consideration, but I'm going into month 6 waiting to hear..

If its any consolation, I've got some other agents that are taking four months and more on my full.

kafeinuhai

nom nom nom.
Registered
Reaction score
Same boat, here, too (or an even slower boat).

She's had a full MS of mine for going on 8 mos. I've sent her two follow-ups; she responded to the first but not the second. So I would say it is a safe bet that she's one of those agents that doesn't respond if she's not interested in the full.

Kind of crappy, I know. But on the upside, I'm sure if she does respond, she'll be great; I've heard nothing but wonderful things about her otherwise.

Roszred

Registered
Reaction score
I sent January 13th...a requested full. Wrote and asked a month later if the submission had been received. Her reader said yes.

I wrote again this Friday asking for a status update. Nothing.

I'm beginning to think that if she doesn't want it, you won't know. I hope I'm wrong because that's so mean!

Grover

Registered
Reaction score
I had the very same experience as those above. I've been waiting eight months for a response to my full, and she hasn't responded to my two follow-ups. Time to stop waiting.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I never heard anything on my submission to Susan in case anyone was curious.

Lilreeper

Mother of Cats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Sent a query 5/31 got/10 and got a rejection like 5 minutes ago. For anyone curious here's the email (I'm certain it's a form):

Thank you so much for writing me about your project. I read and consider each query carefully and, while yours is not exactly what I am looking for, I would certainly encourage you to keep trying. I know your work is important to you and I am grateful that you wrote to me.

All best,

Jenny
The Bent Agency

lenore_x

Registered
Reaction score
Website
laurenmhunter.com
Queried Susan Hawk 3/6, full request 3/9. I haven't heard anything yet. I haven't bothered to nudge since it sounds like they're just really backed up.

Anyone else heard a response on requested material?

Phyllo

Still sitting
Registered
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I pitched Jenny at a conference and she requested a full. Got a polite rejection on it only three weeks later.

Reality-Check

Say it like it is.
Registered
Reaction score
One of the most respectful rejections I've received. And quick too.

Roszred

Registered
Reaction score
For the record I still haven't heard back on my request for a full. I sent that in early January. We're working on 8 months. Anyone hear back on their fulls yet?

a. climacus

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I never heard back from Jenny on my full, but she's only had it since the beginning of April. At this point, with her apparent and surprising track record on not responding to fulls, I've about given up. Still, it was nice to be asked.

cgalexander

Registered
Reaction score
Susan Hawk is a class act.

Although I received rejections from both Jenny and Susan, I've admired their polite professionalism. Susan sent me a response today for a manuscript Jenny had already declined but then forwarded to Susan. I didn't even know she was reading it, so she could have tossed it aside without a second thought. She took the time, however, to send me an email with very specific suggestions about how I can get my story from where it is to where it needs to be. That's the type of agent every author hopes to be querying.

Roszred

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I got a very nice rejection letter from Jenny this week...so looks like my wait is over! Good luck to the rest of you!

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Susan today. Fingers and toes crossed.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That. Was. Fast. Rejection less than 24 hours later.