Prizes!

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Ok - my favorite name of all time - and it's real - Marshmellow Alphabet. That was the name of a mother of a juvenile I counseled in juvie court many years ago.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
My sister-in-law had a kid in her class named Shi-thead. Take out the hyphen and you'll be shocked! Why would you do that to a child??? Oh the humanity!

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Sara, is that how it was pronounced??? Poor kid!

I used to work with someone who had a daughter named Heaven Leigh. That was nice, especially compared to that child's name!

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Ok - before I hole up in the kitchen - my husband loves to tell me that he knew a girl in college named Leah Dick - first name pronounced Lay-uh. AND I had two roommates in grad school who's last names were Gross and Kumm. We had a charming mailbox label. The guy with the last name Kumm changed it after he graduated.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My sister-in-law had a kid in her class named Shi-thead.
Emoterofl5.gif

Saw this name in the phone book once:

Heywood Jablomi.

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
mommie4a said:
Ok - my favorite name of all time - and it's real - Marshmellow Alphabet. That was the name of a mother of a juvenile I counseled in juvie court many years ago.
Is it any wonder the kid wound up in juvie court? I mean, how else is she (he?) going to rebel against such a Candyland name?

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
I have two aunts whose names are Cricket and Spider.
I went to highschool with a girl whose name is Tawanna Bender (she got "over" added at the end quite a bit)
My name is an amalgamation of "Lynn" and "Ashley" - Linley
I work with a guy whose name is Lucifer

When we named our son, Connor Harrison, we couldn't come up with a suitable middle name. For a while, we had settled on Connor Angus, since my husband is a huge AC/DC and Angus Young fan (I know, I know, it's sad). My boss at work politely and tactfully told me it wouldn't be a good idea, because his little school friends would eventually end up calling him anus. That changed my mind, real fast. The next choice was Connor Auron - we wanted an "A" middle name so we could nickname him Cam, which would have been his initials - C.A.M. No one liked Auron, either - they couldn't figure out how to say it. We were on the way to the hospital, me in labor, when my husband said, "Let's name him after my grandfather. I always wanted that." Hence, middle name Harrison.

WVWG

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
i had a doctor once, and no joking here, his name was richard dick. so, my gyn dr was dr. dick. what a horrible moment i had that day . . . all i could do was laugh and laugh. at least he saw the humor too.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I work with a PhD named Dr. Weener... 2 Girls I know:

Botany
Biology

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to mention. I pay health insurance claims for a living, so I see all kinds of wacky doctor names.

We've had:
Dr. Doctor
Dr. Butts, the proctologist
Dr. Wiener, the urologist
**** Love-Johnson, PHD, the marriage counselor (**** = Provider's first name)
Dr. Bone, the orthopaedist
Dr. Smile, Dr. Grin and Dr. Rot, all three dentists
One provider's first name is Abiola, who always makes me think of ebola
There's one doctor, a podiatrist, who has a fitting name, too, but I can't remember it at the moment...darnit...

WVWG

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
My grandfather's name was (and still is, I suppose) WM - they weren't initials that stood for anything, no periods after the letters, just WM (and of course, he was dubbed Dub for short). :)

My name is Poppy. I got called Poopy a lot as a kid. Then when I was a teenager, I was called Blow Pop, Tootsie Pop, Poppycock...you get the idea.

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
A few months ago I had a dream that I gave birth to a girl and named her Miracle. Considering I had my tubes tied last summer, yes, she would be. ;)

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
Shawn, my name is S H A W N anyone see an A on the end of that???? Yet, every time I meet new people, esp women they call me ShAWNAAAA

UGH

Even at work, customers will look at my name tag and say is that your real name, or is that your name tag? I wanna scream.

Shawn (yes, it is Shawn)