New member, officially

jeffhannes

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all...

The forums here -- Bewares, Recommendations and Background checks in particular -- were one of my top bookmarks when I started writing my first novel back in 2007. 15+ years later I've got two unpublished fantasy novels (one sword & sorcery, one young adult apocalyptic) and I'm currently about 68k words into the first book of a science-fiction series that I'd describe as Star Trek meets Big Brother meets Lost.

As I get ready to self-publish my original novel and continue work on my latest project, I decided to officially join the community to both seek advice and support others.

I'm a website and applications developer by trade, but a writer at heart. It's always difficult to take the next step forward in the process, but ultimately the main reason I write stories to have them be read. Here's hoping involvement with the community will help move me in that direction.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all...

The forums here -- Bewares, Recommendations and Background checks in particular -- were one of my top bookmarks when I started writing my first novel back in 2007. 15+ years later I've got two unpublished fantasy novels (one sword & sorcery, one young adult apocalyptic) and I'm currently about 68k words into the first book of a science-fiction series that I'd describe as Star Trek meets Big Brother meets Lost.

As I get ready to self-publish my original novel and continue work on my latest project, I decided to officially join the community to both seek advice and support others.

I'm a website and applications developer by trade, but a writer at heart. It's always difficult to take the next step forward in the process, but ultimately the main reason I write stories to have them be read. Here's hoping involvement with the community will help move me in that direction.
Welcome, Jeffhannes! Congratulations on finishing not just one, but two novels. And its great that AW has helped you over the years.

There are heaps of authors here who self-publish, and they'll for sure be able to help you navigate those waters.

Kudzu

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Jeff. Looking forward to seeing some of your posts. I am returning, too, and agree about the Bewares. Helpful.

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hello and :welcome: to Absolute Write, jeffhannes! :)

See you around the board!

Norsebard

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to have you here. We lure unsuspecting writers to the site with Bewares, Recommendations, and Background Checks, but they stay for publishing know-how, giving and receiving feedback, silly or fun games, discussion of writing and not-writing, and the interesting people.

Welcome!

Maryn, not all that interesting

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.