Last Movie You Watched...

Tin Man

Chicks dig the metal.
Registered
Reaction score
Wolfman-pretty good. Viscerally intense in spots.

Hugo Weaving needed more screen time, my only nit.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. Maybe DC's best animated film since they ended the DCAU.

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
Just watched "Inglorious Bastards" on Dish - got it free thank goodness. What a POS! I hate reading subtitles on movies and at least half this mess was subtitled. The other half I couldn't understand! Oy. That's two and a half hours of my life I'll never get back.

Carlene

Tin Man

Chicks dig the metal.
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched "Inglorious Bastards" on Dish - got it free thank goodness. What a POS! I hate reading subtitles on movies and at least half this mess was subtitled. The other half I couldn't understand! Oy. That's two and a half hours of my life I'll never get back.

Carlene

Hmm. My reaction was quite the opposite.:)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Just saw Legion last night. Dh and I really liked it. Good action, good story (kind of reminded me of The 7th Sign) and some really great messages.

Rose English

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Avatar in 3D last weekend. It gave me something to look at and absolutely nothing to think about.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
One and Only... story of George Hamilton and his family. Better than I thought even though I normally can't stand Renee Zellweger - very 50s.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Finally watched An Education... cute, and Carey Mulligan is beautiful, but I don't think it's an Oscar calibre movie, and the character development/plot seems forced at times.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, a bit outdated in some senses but the message of the still is still revelant in my opinion.

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
Dracula. 1931. Thought I'd watch it again now that I'm reading the book. This is the first time I realized how different the movie is from the book. Its actually based on a play from the 1920s, not so much the book.

You ought to check out the Spanish language version made at the same time, shot at night with the same script (translated, though). In some ways, direction and cinematography for example, it's decidedly better. Aside from Lupita Tovar's Mina (far superior to Helen Chandler), the acting is nothing to write home about, though. Worth seeing.

#1Jennifer

Registered
Reaction score
In the last week I watched the boon dock saints 2 and I liked it. Also watched nine thinking it was going to be good considering all of the talent in that movie, kate hudson, penelope cruz, nicole kidman etc... worst movie I've ever seen. The cross between fantasy and reality was confusing (A lot of day dreaming in the movie and reflection on past memories) and there was way to much singing involved. Really, really bad movie.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You ought to check out the Spanish language version made at the same time, shot at night with the same script (translated, though). In some ways, direction and cinematography for example, it's decidedly better. Aside from Lupita Tovar's Mina (far superior to Helen Chandler), the acting is nothing to write home about, though. Worth seeing.

Ever since I heard this existed I have wanting to check it out.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Zombieland. Kinda disappointing. Not sure if I'm over zombie comedies, ambulatory zombies, or zombie comedies about ambulatory zombies, but I really didn't enjoy it that much. Sister Mary Knickerbocker was hilarious, and the clown zombie scored a couple points, but that was about it for me.