KDP published but not published

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I published an e-book through KDP. Last night I got an email saying the book had been published and was available at a link they provided.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q3E4PG/?tag=absowrit-20

The link is still dead as of 11:45 am today, and the book does not turn up on a search of the Kindle Store.

This hasn't happened in to me the past (my 10th e-book), but it's been a while since I published. Is it now common for amazon to notify authors before they get the e-book in the Kindle Store? And to take this much time?

I sent them an e-mail asking about it and am waiting.

Al Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
I can believe that. I just wish they'd wait until it's up to tell me it's up.

KatieJ

I think I'm back....
Registered
Reaction score
I had that same problem with Smashwords, and I'm still waiting for the Smashwords edition to show up in different venues. I wondered if it was a Smashwords only problem, or more universal.

Al Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
I got a reply to my inquiry saying they know about the problem and are fixing it.

Given the problem with KDP's database that Uncle Jim reported elsewhere, and the one you had with Smashwords, I think the whole e-book world might be bending under the weight of all the self-publishing traffic.

Deleted member 42

Given the problem with KDP's database that Uncle Jim reported elsewhere, and the one you had with Smashwords, I think the whole e-book world might be bending under the weight of all the self-publishing traffic.

I don't think that's even a little unlikely as a realistic scenario.

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
The link worked on my laptop, and it also turned up on a search on my Kindle Fire, but pricing info is not available yet. Maybe it won't be much longer before people can buy it. Good luck!

Al Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all. It's up, and the pricing info is there, too. See you all at the Pulitzer ceremony. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.