Hi, I'm the new guy.

MickCarranza

Back in Action! (Still fluffy.)
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, everyone.

I'm Mick. I'm currently an active duty Soldier and I'm working on my first fantasy novel right now. I've written music, poetry and even RPG storylines. I'm a Christian and hope to make my next project an inspiring and challenging piece of Christian Fiction.

I'm truly looking forward to working with you all. Rock on and God bless!

Supreme_Overlord

horrific and tragical
Registered
Reaction score
Elsewhere. I'll, um, get back to you on the detail
Hi, The New Guy. That's kind of long; do you mind if I call you Mick for short?

I'm glad you can find the time to write while serving your country on active duty. Not sure how difficult finding time for something like that would be. It sounds like you're a prolific writer, with the various types of writing you've done, which also implies that you enjoy it. Great!

Anyhow, welcome to the Cooler. Mind you, it can get a bit chilly in here, but you must never mess with the thermostat.

I'm looking forward to seeing you around the Cooler.

God bless,
Zoink

MickCarranza

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, good stuff! That has to be the best welcome I've ever received. You can bet that I'll make every effort to return the gesture in kind! It's a pleasure to meet you, Zoink. If you don't mind me asking, what are you working on? (Feel free to PM me, considering that we're probably not supposed to plug our works this early in the game.)

P.S.
Anyhow, welcome to the Cooler. Mind you, it can get a bit chilly in here, but you must never mess with the thermostat.

That's just good punning right there.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Welcome to AW, Mick -- and thank you for serving. (And you guys can totally talk about what you're working on. It's what brings everyone here in the first place, really.)

Last edited:

MickCarranza

Registered
Reaction score
Hooah. Thanks for the kind words, both of you. It feels good to know that the long days are appreciated. 2.5 years to go. I can do this.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

Thanks for serving

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

sambgood

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Mick!

Although I'm new here, I can tell you that you'll find encouragement and fun around here. Good luck on your fantasy novel! And thanks for serving. God bless!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Traditional Irish Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the cooler, Mick! Good to have a soldier on board, never know when you might need one around here... :D

MickCarranza

Registered
Reaction score
haha yea i'm the resident soldier here, but i doubt my pen is mightier than my M16, "Rocinante."

JoleaB

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gilnarian.blogspot.com
Hi Mick,

Welcome. It's a great place, and it's huge so take your time poking around. Information overload awaits.

Thanks for your service. :)

MickCarranza

Registered
Reaction score
thanks. It seems like i could really get lost in here. i'll be sure and leeave a few breadcrumbs and bring a machete of course.

Wordcaster

Straw that broke the camel's back
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and thank you for your service. I'm not writing Christian fiction per se, but many Christian elements are being worked into my wip.

Talk to you on the message boards.

MickCarranza

Registered
Reaction score
Hooah! It's refreshing to see so many Christians here in the secular writing community. At one point, I was honestly considering writing one of those cliche, best selling, self-help books that Christians write... then i had someone slap it out of me. Now, I'm shooting for Fantasy and Christian Fiction. (My current WIP is Fantasy with religious overtones.)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.