Hi! Fantasy Writer here!

Emma F

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Emma, a fantasy writer. I started writing when I was 12 on the site that shall not be named (yes, Wattpad...which I now avoid at all costs). With multiple unfinished drafts, I finally decided to sit down and make something serious. Here I am, 13 years later, and four years into writing the most ambitious project I've ever tackled... talk about ambition. My WIP is called A Circle of Kings and is currently the bane of my existence. And as I love all things dark and gothic, you can expect to see a whole lot of terror and tragedy and trauma, I call it the TTT. But hey, it has pretty Elves so they should compensate...right?

My current tbr list is taller than the Eiffel Tower but I'm aiming to reach Burj Khalifa heights. I'm also an illustrator and graphic designer too, so hit me up if you need a cover design ;)

Thank you for having me!

CMBright

Cats are easy, Mice are tough
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! One question. Do we also have advice and critiques on query letters here as well?
Yes we do, in Query Letter Hell nested in Share Your Work. It is recommended you read the stickies in Intro to SYW before you start posting in SYW. Although you have to wait until 50+ posts to share your own work, you are welcome and encouraged to critique others as soon as and as often as impulse strikes.

Reactions: kittrick and Emma F

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have pretty much everything the authorly heart desires, although some of it's harder to find than we'd like. (We're working on it, honest!) I see you've already got a link to Query Letter Hell, where you can learn much by reading entire threads in which someone's inadequate query is broken down, reassembled, scrapped, rebuilt using aftermarket parts, and improves to a tasteful gleam that gets ms. requests. It's pretty cool to see the process, besides what you see that can be applied to your own.

And of course we have enough fantasy writers to populate a pleasant, other-worldly neighborhood, many of them congregating here.

Welcome!

Maryn, pleased to meet you

Reactions: kittrick

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hello and :welcome: to Absolute Write, Emma F! :)

See you around the board!

Norsebard

• Love
Reactions: Emma F

Emma F

Registered
Reaction score
We have pretty much everything the authorly heart desires, although some of it's harder to find than we'd like. (We're working on it, honest!) I see you've already got a link to Query Letter Hell, where you can learn much by reading entire threads in which someone's inadequate query is broken down, reassembled, scrapped, rebuilt using aftermarket parts, and improves to a tasteful gleam that gets ms. requests. It's pretty cool to see the process, besides what you see that can be applied to your own.

And of course we have enough fantasy writers to populate a pleasant, other-worldly neighborhood, many of them congregating here.

Welcome!

Maryn, pleased to meet you
Thank you! Pleased to be here!

Emma F

Registered
Reaction score
Yes we do, in Query Letter Hell nested in Share Your Work. It is recommended you read the stickies in Intro to SYW before you start posting in SYW. Although you have to wait until 50+ posts to share your own work, you are welcome and encouraged to critique others as soon as and as often as impulse strikes.
by 50+ posts does it mean any sort of comments throughout the forum? or just on the SYW part?

Reactions: mrsmig

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anywhere, but we do encourage you not to rush to your 50 posts. The main goal with the 50-post requirement is so you can both familiarize yourself with the site and get to know the community here.

Reactions: CMBright and Maryn

Zachisrad51

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Emma, a fantasy writer. I started writing when I was 12 on the site that shall not be named (yes, Wattpad...which I now avoid at all costs).
Welcome! It seems the fate of many young writers to get their start on a certain site that must not be named (myself included, unfortunately)
My WIP is called A Circle of Kings and is currently the bane of my existence. And as I love all things dark and gothic, you can expect to see a whole lot of terror and tragedy and trauma, I call it the TTT. But hey, it has pretty Elves so they should compensate...right?
This sounds super cool! Anything dark and gothic peaks my interest, if you want to share I'd love to hear more about your work

Trying To Be Good

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Emma, a fantasy writer. I started writing when I was 12 on the site that shall not be named (yes, Wattpad...which I now avoid at all costs). With multiple unfinished drafts, I finally decided to sit down and make something serious. Here I am, 13 years later, and four years into writing the most ambitious project I've ever tackled... talk about ambition. My WIP is called A Circle of Kings and is currently the bane of my existence. And as I love all things dark and gothic, you can expect to see a whole lot of terror and tragedy and trauma, I call it the TTT. But hey, it has pretty Elves so they should compensate...right?

My current tbr list is taller than the Eiffel Tower but I'm aiming to reach Burj Khalifa heights. I'm also an illustrator and graphic designer too, so hit me up if you need a cover design ;)

Thank you for having me!
Why do you avoid Wattpad now?

RPWildflower

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Emma, I'm Rachel! Great to see other young fantasy writers on this site, and know that they've also bit off WIPs too big to handle (I feel like fantasy novels are always an epic, can we be anything but ambitious?)

Your WIP title is rockin, I would love to hear more. Hit me up if you ever want to talk fantasy writing!

Cheers, Rachel.

DangerousBrian

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, yes, many fantasy writers here, but it covers such a range of approaches that I think we are pretty varied, from what I can see. Hey, we've all been there with the early writing phases, it's the path we took to be where we are today, though!