HELLO AND HELLPPP MEEE

AsiaJuice199

Registered
Reaction score
Haha just wanna grab your attention by the title. I'm PPK a high school student from country, Myanmar and English is not my mother tongue. As a side hobby, I'm currently honing my skills of writing stories and poems. That said I am exploring sites and sites but I'm overwhelmed by number of things I'm not familiar with like there're so many buttons and posting places and I want to cry. Right now all I know is I have post thread button and so many places to post to. But I'm willing to learn more about this place! Hoping to get along!!!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to you, AsianJuice199! We have writers from many parts of the world here, and now we have one more.

To learn more about this site and how to use it, I have some recommendations.
  • Read the Newbie Guide
  • Read the FAQs
  • Choose several boards that interest you. At least some should be related to the kind of writing you do, or want to do, but it's fine if some are not. We have boards about movies, music, cooking, international members, etc.
  • Read the more recent posts on your chosen board. You'll get a feel for how people interact here.
  • If it seems scary to post beyond this first post, consider making posts that greet other new members.
I promise if you do these things, you'll be ahead of many other people who have just joined and are so eager to get started they don't read anything we recommend.

Maryn, glad you're here

Fi Webster

May 21-25 waxing crescent šŸŒ’
Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Texas originally, now living in Maryland (DC area)
Website
www.ipernity.com
Welcome, PPK! šŸ˜ƒ Looking forward to learning more about the culture and country of Myanmar from your postings.

If you take your time and hang out for a while on AW, I'm sure you'll figure out most of the buttons. But feel free to ask questions about any specific features you're having trouble with.

Reactions: AsiaJuice199

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Donā€™t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other membersā€™ works, or join a discussion.

Jean P. R. Dubois

The great dabbler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.acx.com
Haha just wanna grab your attention by the title. I'm PPK a high school student from country, Myanmar and English is not my mother tongue. As a side hobby, I'm currently honing my skills of writing stories and poems. That said I am exploring sites and sites but I'm overwhelmed by number of things I'm not familiar with like there're so many buttons and posting places and I want to cry. Right now all I know is I have post thread button and so many places to post to. But I'm willing to learn more about this place! Hoping to get along!!!
It's always wonderful to meet people from other cultures and gear the story's they want to tell. Speaking of, what kind of book are your writing? What inspired you to write? And what language will the book be in initially?

books_are_amazing

Registered
Reaction score
Agree with what others said above.

Welcome to AW!
Where in Myanmar are you from?

I really think you are going to like AW, I've found it really supportive for my growth as a writer.

AsiaJuice199

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for heart warming responses. My future goal is to make animated movies in English language since they can go mainstream. Most works have excellent art but bad or convoluted story plots. So right now I'm currently learning literature along with art. My focus right now is on poems. I feel like they are best way to explore writing since they might just be largely subjective and free. I'm also practicing the use of literary devices in my poems. What next? I think I will move on to dialogue writing practice then scenes, then short stories using plot devices like plot twist or cliffhanger. Ultimately when I think I have honed my writing skills enough, I shall move on to big projects. Once again thanks y'all for your guidance and hope to be working out with ya!

Reactions: Fi Webster

jadamson

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW PPK! It's a really friendly community here; I'm sure you'll fit in :)

Thanks for heart warming responses. My future goal is to make animated movies in English language since they can go mainstream. Most works have excellent art but bad or convoluted story plots. So right now I'm currently learning literature along with art. My focus right now is on poems. I feel like they are best way to explore writing since they might just be largely subjective and free. I'm also practicing the use of literary devices in my poems. What next? I think I will move on to dialogue writing practice then scenes, then short stories using plot devices like plot twist or cliffhanger. Ultimately when I think I have honed my writing skills enough, I shall move on to big projects. Once again thanks y'all for your guidance and hope to be working out with ya!
This sounds really cool and great that you have an end goal to aim for :)

Looking forward to hearing more in the future!