Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieHowe

Spent the night with Jack Daniels
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chapter 15……………………………………………….. Be not forgetful to entertain Strangers

I'm on probation for this. Turns out it was an undercover cop. Could have fooled me.

weightlifter316

Registered
Reaction score
Guys, this is a kid. An increasingly wearisome kid, I'll grant you, but still. Whatever humor was had has long since been milked, and at this point the cow is thoroughly drained.

Anybody who wants to keep encouraging this silly bumblef**k can have at it.

But for me...nope.

<member's pic deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, this is a kid. An increasingly wearisome kid, I'll grant you, but still. Whatever humor was had has long since been milked, and at this point the cow is thoroughly drained.

Anybody who wants to keep encouraging this silly bumblef**k can have at it.

But for me...nope.

Thanks.

'Homosexuality' so good they names it twice...

:D

I reckon there's a good sup left.

Sheila Muirenn

Rebuilding My Brain
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the support, everyone. Glad to see the interest this is gathering, although it's no surprise to me - we were sure folks would be absolutely enamored. I just wanted to follow up and say I've obtained the Table of Contents. Enjoy!

You need to learn to line stuff up better.

Signing off from the Time Vampire Thread.

(sucks up and wastes time)

Oh, and tell your mom you need a smaller allowance.

Last edited:

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
one of Colepaugh's links in the post above said:
Yes, it will. It will also be on Barnes and noble's web site as well. Along with just about everything else with an ISBN. They have already told me - and we are still in negotiations at this point - that I will be doing book signing tours If you, yanno, pay for it and arrange it and everything. And if bookstores will have you, considering you're vanity pubbed. and there will also be a big marketing campaign Um hum. Let us know how that works out for ya. on various media's like TV and U tube. I have a tentative name right now as "Living the Christian Life" but that is not the finished name. I kinda kid around that it is more like "Christianity for Dummies" though that is not entirely true either. It is not a book about my views, but a book on Worldly views like Science and Biblical views as compared to what the Secular community believes.If you take out "and Biblical views", does this sentence still mean what you think it means? If so, I'm confused, and if not, it's badly written.

I didn't want to write a normal book you might see a Baptist Minister write where it is more preaching the gospel. I wanted to make a more objective book that would explore modern views like the Big Bang, Einstein's Theory of Relativity, Steven Hawkins theory of Everything and so on compared to what the Bible says on each of these subjects. Will you EVER get that name spelled right?

After this, I put in what the bible has to say on other subjects that are considered basic to Christian beliefs compared to world view that might be considered Politically correct. My publisher was impressed as that they hadn't seen this type of work before and thought that it was unique and would be a really good seller once it got out to the public. And if only you'd send them about a thousand dollars, they'd give it the chance it deserved.

Man. If this is serious, why would the author seek out the subforum specifically telling the world that his publisher was a scam? Why would he consistently misspell Stephen Hawking's name? Why would he say such obviously trollish things, and then when we laugh, react as if that was what he was hoping for all along?

I have to believe this is a joke. It has to be.

If not, it's very sad. I'm sorry that you got scammed, Weightlifter. I hope that you're satisfied with the experience you get from this, and that, in the end, what you learn is worth the expense.

But I'm also reminded of a query I read on Slushpile Hell :

slushpile hell said:
God told me to write this book and that it would become a bestseller.

I talked to God. He said he was just messing with you.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Reading that other thread, I have only one thing to say:

if this guy ever writes a book about hobbits, Christopher Tolkien is going to have a field day with him.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
My publisher was impressed as that they hadn't seen this type of work before...

The guy's publisher must be blundering around with his eyes closed. Self-publishing books exactly like this is almost a cottage industry.

For that matter, I bet you could find that this isn't even the first "book like this" that SBP has printed.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He who believes he writes with God sitting on his shoulder will find only he and God read what is written.

Last edited:

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Man. If this is serious, why would the author seek out the subforum specifically telling the world that his publisher was a scam?

I've just read the threads over at Saintsreport.com

My guess: The OP isn't the author. It's one of the other folks at saintsreport, trying to stir s***.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Reading that other thread, I have only one thing to say:

if this guy ever writes a book about hobbits, Christopher Tolkien is going to have a field day with him.

I don't know, maybe he could have some luck with a mash-up book:

Once upon a time, a hobbit climbed out of his hobbit hole in the Shire and decided to move to Washington. Not long after he'd arrived in the odd little town full of beautiful sparkly people (he picked this town on purpose because none of these people ate, which meant more food for him!), an owl flapped through his window and dropped a letter on his head. He was to attend a magicality school in Scotland.

But then, zombies attacked the train, which ticked off the werewolves because the rotting flesh smelled bad, and by the time the train got to Scotland, everyone on board either had fangs, fur, or was now a semi-dessicated corpse and none of them were happy to discover that they were all eternally bound to attend school over, and over, and over, and over....

Oh yeah, and they're pretty sure the completely plain and unassuming guy that no one really likes is descended from a Greek/Roman/Norse deity and will most likely hook-up with the really hot girl who's now eternally grateful that he knew how to tie her shoe.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
You left out the part where the sparkly vampire catches the golden snitch, hocks it, and uses the money to buy a bridge in Madison County so his Pokemon can get back and forth across the river without getting wet.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely not. As I understand it, hobbits specifically are something created solely by Tolkien and are therefore covered by his rights. They're not like elves or orcs, which you can find in many places. Christopher WOULD go after that if he got wind of it. Little people you can write about (Dennis L. McKiernan is a good example); hobbits you cannot.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely not. As I understand it, hobbits specifically are something created solely by Tolkien and are therefore covered by his rights. They're not like elves or orcs, which you can find in many places. Christopher WOULD go after that if he got wind of it. Little people you can write about (Dennis L. McKiernan is a good example); hobbits you cannot.

*pokes*

It was a joke

:tongue

M.R.J. Le Blanc

Registered
Reaction score
*pokes*

It was a joke

:tongue

Oh I know :p I was just being an optimist, hoping that if we couldn't save author from mistake no. 1, I could at least try to stop him from making mistake no. 2.

That'd be a good story to send to PA though :evil

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
Hobbits (I think) are only for Tolkien, but halflings can pretty much be used anywhere right?

Or are they under the rights of D&D?

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the support, everyone. Glad to see the interest this is gathering, although it's no surprise to me - we were sure folks would be absolutely enamored. I just wanted to follow up and say I've obtained the Table of Contents. Enjoy!

dude you spelled prophet wrong. several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.