Calling All Nonfiction Beta Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrixos

Registered
Reaction score
The odds against surviving childhood intact having always been great, the overall goal of MY work is: to lower those odds. This, I attempt via what will seem to most—but only at first—a very strange journey.

In a symphonic mix of subjects and genres I'll take you from the dawn of society to ten minutes ago. You'll go

"...from India to Egypt, from Britain to Bulgaria, and from ancient Greece to modern America; this is to say the material entails much in between.... Towards that end I have assembled a very different body of history, literature, biography, filmography, mythology, and sociology—a particularly unsung set of whos, whys, and hows, their myths, religions and politics, their parenting and their pain. In the process, I unveil the craftiness by which self-reliance has methodically lost out over the ages to the rise, the embedding, and the infestation of narcissistically controlling influences. Pressing home the message that control is not love, I show how each generation and despite all its love somehow still manages to f***—uh, to disorient the next."

On the journey, you'll meet many of the characters, real, fictional, and fantastical, which form the foundations of human—i.e., global—culture. You'll meet: Alice in her wonderland, the catcher in the rye, the lord of the flies, Dracula, Frankenstein and his monster, Prometheus, Odysseus, Jason, the Minotaur, Medea, Medusa, Atlas, Orpheus, Louis XVI, Byron, Shelley, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, George III, Constantine, Charlemagne, Pythagoras, Zeus, Hercules, Moses, Abraham, Buddha, and... and... I simply can't list them all here.

You'll cross swords with the "Pandemonic Parent" and mourn for its "Pandemonized Child". You'll learn about "Carroll's Rule," the "Reigning Delusion," what a "Frankenstein's Choice" is and what it means "to be the wine in somebody else's bottle." You'll learn of Christianity's—real—origins and so, of the real reason why Hellenism was pulverized out of existence. You'll learn why Alan Parker's Birdy (1984) is NOT a film about Vietnam—and why and despite that, it was so heavily marketed as one. You'll learn the real meaning of La Bamba—and so, why just about everybody bounces when they hear it.

Most of all, you'll gain a whole new understanding of "abusive" and what an authentically nurturing "parent" must never do!

Does anyone find all that enticing enough to consider beta-reading for me?

If so, PM!

Status
Not open for further replies.