brains

AZombie

Eibmoza
Registered
Reaction score
I’m not really a zombie, but you can call me A Zombie, and I’m a noob.

I first started writing at the age of 30 something when I joined NaNoWriMo on a whim but lost motivation when my pc crashed at the beginning of November. I just started writing again at the ripe age of 37, and hope to be able to write non-fiction for a living within 5 years.

For non-fiction I’m interested in diet/nutrition/food/health and gardening/botany, for fiction it’s mostly thriller, sci-fi and horror, so working on several projects at the moment.
The main fiction ones is a thriller I started for nanowrimo, an overly complicated sci-fi/fantasy that I’ve been working on by daydreaming, a novelization of a videogame, as well as a couple of horror short stories that I’m co-writing with my cat, and reading a gazillion books on writing. I guess there’s work ahead, lol.

Thanks for having me.

AZombie

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, I have to ask: is the cat any good? Or is it too independent, doesn't finish scenes when promised, thinks it's too good for spellcheck, but cozies up to you so well you forgive?

Nice to have you here. Welcome!

Maryn, pleased to meet you

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, AZombie! In my experience, cats and keyboards are a bad combination, but hey, if you can make it work, more power to ya! :)

Reactions: AZombie

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome, welcome, welcome! :D

You'll love it here, I'm sure. AW is, in my opinion, the internet's premier writing place, with all the info you'll ever need on all things writing and publishing, and home to an amazing community, to boot.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These will help you quickly understand not only the forum rules, but also the culture and etiquette of the various spaces within, and will also help make the forums less overwhelming.

There's a lot to discover, so please take your time exploring, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

See you around the boards :)
Izz

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hello and :welcome: to Absolute Write, AZombie! :)

AZombie said:

:D :D :D :Thumbs:

(...) as well as a couple of horror short stories that I’m co-writing with my cat (...)

Let me guess... you know the story's going to be good when the cat starts purring?

See you around the board!

Norsebard

AZombie

Eibmoza
Registered
Reaction score
So, I have to ask: is the cat any good? Or is it too independent, doesn't finish scenes when promised, thinks it's too good for spellcheck, but cozies up to you so well you forgive?

Nice to have you here. Welcome!

Maryn, pleased to meet you
Well, he stole the f button from my keyboard and use the laptop as a bed when it's cold. I'd say he's a born writer. ;)

Thank you!

AZombie

Eibmoza
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the water cooler!

I have a cat who sometimes helps me with my writing. It doesn’t go well, as a rule. Creative differences.

Tell me about it, lol. Thanks for the welcome. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

AZombie

Eibmoza
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hello and :welcome: to Absolute Write, AZombie! :)

:D :D :D :Thumbs:

Let me guess... you know the story's going to be good when the cat starts purring?

See you around the board!

Norsebard

Nah, he acts the part of the werewolf hiding behind a poor victim's door or under their bed, the story's always good. Thank's for the welcome.:)

LuciusW

Koto & Chianti
Registered
Reaction score
Mhm. Sure. All zombie's I've dealt with said the same. And you're 'a noob'. Regarding what? Writing? Then you're in the right place. Zombie-ing? The it's time to diversify your diet. I hear only noob zombies eat brains. If that were the case, what would a pro zombie eat?
I first started writing at the age of 30 something when I joined NaNoWriMo on a whim but lost motivation when my pc crashed at the beginning of November. I just started writing again at the ripe age of 37, and hope to be able to write non-fiction for a living within 5 years.
Best of luck with that goal. We're all here to help.
For non-fiction I’m interested in diet/nutrition/food/health and gardening/botany,
A gourmet zombie, you are becoming. Interesting. Can't wait to read your cookbooks, chef AZ (<--- story idea).
I’m co-writing with my cat, and reading a gazillion books on writing. I guess there’s work ahead, lol.
So, you're picking its brains for inspiration. Totally not suspicious.
Thanks for having me.

AZombie
Glad to have you around, A Zombie. I'm Lucius. See you around!

LuaVerena

Creative Creature
Registered
Reaction score
Great to meet you A Zombie! I have soft spot for zombies, so I got a kick out of your intro. Good luck with the cowriting with your cat!

HogansHiro

Registered
Reaction score
NEVER TRUST A CAT! They have no concept of monetary compensation! I wasted 2 years ghost writing a screenplay called "Apocalypse Meow". I did sell it as a musical in the Catskills though. Anywho...w elcome aboard. But seriously, stop working with that cat.

Kat B Johnson

Registered
Reaction score
The main fiction ones is a thriller I started for nanowrimo, an overly complicated sci-fi/fantasy that I’ve been working on by daydreaming, a novelization of a videogame, as well as a couple of horror short stories that I’m co-writing with my cat, and reading a gazillion books on writing. I guess there’s work ahead, lol.
My goodness, you've got a lot going on! Seriously, good for you though! I wish I had so many ideas for future writing, but just the one I have is making me want to pull my hair out. Writing is such a fun rush but a stressful one on the not-so-confident days. Anyway, thanks for your intro! See you around the boards

AZombie

Eibmoza
Registered
Reaction score
Mhm. Sure. All zombie's I've dealt with said the same. And you're 'a noob'. Regarding what? Writing? Then you're in the right place. Zombie-ing? The it's time to diversify your diet. I hear only noob zombies eat brains. If that were the case, what would a pro zombie eat?
Sorry for the late reply.

I feel like this is a trick question. :unsure:
Best of luck with that goal. We're all here to help.

A gourmet zombie, you are becoming. Interesting. Can't wait to read your cookbooks, chef AZ (<--- story idea).
Lol, I doubt there's going to be any cookbooks, most people don't eat brains, even if they are really nutritious and tasty. Cat and dog brains are off limits culinary wise, btw. Also not a chef, but known to be a bit of a foodie at times.

Thank's for the welcome.

AZombie

Eibmoza
Registered
Reaction score
NEVER TRUST A CAT! They have no concept of monetary compensation! I wasted 2 years ghost writing a screenplay called "Apocalypse Meow". I did sell it as a musical in the Catskills though. Anywho...w elcome aboard. But seriously, stop working with that cat.
I'm starting to believe you and I have the scratches to prove it.:LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: HogansHiro

AZombie

Eibmoza
Registered
Reaction score
My goodness, you've got a lot going on! Seriously, good for you though! I wish I had so many ideas for future writing, but just the one I have is making me want to pull my hair out. Writing is such a fun rush but a stressful one on the not-so-confident days. Anyway, thanks for your intro! See you around the boards

I don't work fulltime, so have more time to spend as I want than other people, I suppose. It looks worse than it is. The Sci-fi story and the thriller story I work on mostly when I'm sick of everyday things, the novelization when I feel clever, and the horror stories that I co-write with my cat happens whenever the cat feels clever or bored. It's fine.

Thanks. See you around!