America to be wiped off the map, apparently.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
At least according to North Korea.

I wonder how many of NK's elites could even FIND America on a map.

When the shit finally hits the fan and we have to go deliver some whoop-ass to Mr. Kim (since obviously no one else in the Un will bother to enforce the sanctions and resolutions), I really do hope they go find Baghdad Bob in whatever tent he's living in. We need him to comment on the invasion, he did such a great job in Iraq. Although I'm sure NK's own news reports will be just as good, but Baghdad Bob just has a way for flare.

The North Korean news machine will report "The Americans are retreating" while US bombs go off behind them. But Baghdad Bob would spice it up, may "The Americans are dying, their blood flows through the streets! We are victorious!" (as bombs go off behind him).

It's all about delivery.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Uhh, it's all the same, south of the border.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
How many Americans know where Korea is?

Hmm, good point.

I've often wondered what kind of maps north Korean students see. i wonder how they're labeled. They're led to believe Kim Jong-il is a deity, so you've got to wonder what other information they get. I'm imagining a map with the old "here there be dragons" thing next to America.

Tanatra

Burning Bright
Registered
Reaction score
The stars at night, are big and bright...
This is the equivalent of the final scene from Scarface when Al Pacino's mansion is being raided by a small army and he's standing alone taunting them until getting blasted point-blank with a shotgun.

Last edited:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much... Kim Jong-Il seems to me like a nation-level and possibly world-level blowhard.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much... Kim Jong-Il seems to me like a nation-level and possibly world-level blowhard.

He's not used to people not taking every word he says as though it were spoken by the divine. Outside his own little world, people expect follow through and some news outlet somewhere will be there to document what does or doesn't happen, then they'll *gasp* tell other people...

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
He's not used to people not taking every word he says as though it were spoken by the divine. Outside his own little world, people expect follow through and some news outlet somewhere will be there to document what does or doesn't happen

Yep, that's a lot of the problem, as I see it. He is so sheltered he thinks his 'people's army' is unbeatable and can, possibly, take over the USA and the Pacific in between. The Japanese failed to do that in WWII, but he's more 'divine' than Hirohito, perhaps.

The fact is that the NK military is way behind the times and the technology of the times. It's air force is, largely, worthless against the US or even the ROK. Their missile guidance systems are outdated and we have effective countermeasures. Their 2000 MiGs wouldn't last long. They lack the fuel to train their pilots as well.

Sure, they have some 4.5 million trained and ready military personnel, but with no air cap overhead, they would be very vulnerable. Their 100,000 man shock-troop force would be a problem, no doubt about that.

Their large tank force is about as capable as the Iraqi tank forces were in the first gulf war. 'Nuf said.

But they have those pesky nukes, and that presents a problem.

I'm of the mind to wait them out. If we don't subsidize them with food and fuel, and if next winter is severe, then they'll cave in without much trouble.

Of course, then we'd need to decide if we accept the deal. Perhaps two years without enough food and fuel would awaken a revolutionary spirit in all those 4.5 million military-trained people.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Okay, I know that I'm probably politically-stupid, but I have to ask:

Does North Korea have the technology and resources to get a nuclear warhead to the mainland U S?

I keep seeing headlines that N Korea is testing nukes and they obviously have the mental nuttiness to try something of the sort.
But, CAN they if they really wanted to try it?

Should we be worried?

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score

Does North Korea have the technology and resources to get a nuclear warhead to the mainland U S?

I keep seeing headlines that N Korea is testing nukes and they obviously have the mental nuttiness to try something of the sort.

Should we be worried?

Last I heard they *might* be able to hit Hawaii. The mainland's out of range.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think anybody doubts that NK would lose a humiliating defeat... The bad thing is that an enormous amount of innocent people would die before it's over.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Hawaii is safe. The ultimate weapon is there.

stitch.jpg

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
*yawn*

You'd think of all the people threatening to wipe out America, at least one of them would have figured out how to do it by now. In my opinion, he's talking out his arse, and it's all part of his Fantasy Land Dizzy imagination and an attempt to make himself look tough.

The UN's hands are tied while China vetoes any attempt to impose sanctions on North Korea. Again in my opinion, China is trying to make it look as if it's playing nice while propping up a regime that's utterly hostile to the West.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I really do hope they go find Baghdad Bob in whatever tent he's living in.

As a slightly digressive aside, my favorite nickname for this wonder was "Comical Ali". I loved it when he eventually tried to surrender to some American military force right after Baghdad fell, and when they learned who he was, they decided he wasn't worth interrogating and sent him on his way. Ah, the entertainment he gave us! We probably shall never see his like again.

caw

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score

Should we be worried?

It seems unlikely that they can do much directly to the USA, but if war broke out in Korea, it could be very bloody very fast. I suspect China is busy telling NK they are on their own and NK is responding by threating the US more and more problematically when their real problem is with China's determination not to give anything remotely approaching a green light to any aggressive action by the NK. NK is about as cornered as a country can be and yet I think these threats directed at the US are intended to get China to do something or other.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
It seems unlikely that they can do much directly to the USA, but if war broke out in Korea, it could be very bloody very fast. I suspect China is busy telling NK they are on their own and NK is responding by threating the US more and more problematically when their real problem is with China's determination not to give anything remotely approaching a green light to any aggressive action by the NK. NK is about as cornered as a country can be and yet I think these threats directed at the US are intended to get China to do something or other.

Hence the noteworthiness of something I noted earlier today:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146216

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
it's curious to me how so many people seem to be acting like north korea is just some crazy guy on the global street corner howling at the sky and brandishing a plastic novelty knife.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
it's curious to me how so many people seem to be acting like north korea is just some crazy guy on the global street corner howling at the sky and brandishing a plastic novelty knife.

I wasn't suggesting that, my idea is some crazy guy in a global secluded mountain hut in the middle of nowhere howling at the sky and brandishing a mini-gun.

Yeah, they might be able to inflict considerable harm before stopped if they can get to where the people are, and if he doesn't freeze or starve to death before he can leave said cabin.

Fullback

Banned
Reaction score
Because not everyone here is 12 years old and thinks TV dramas and Hollywood movies are real?

Cybernaught

Decker
Registered
Reaction score
From what I've read, North Korea can have a missile capable of hitting the Eastern United States in as little as five years.