Last Movie You Watched...

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Dreams on Spec (hulu). It's a documentary that follows several screenwriters as they try to break into the industry. There are also several interviews with established names. I really connected with some parts of the film; other parts, I could leave. Overall, it was very interesting and worth the 90 minutes of my time.
I must check this out.

Just watched 'Carry on Screaming' - again. Never fails to make me laugh. Trivia: Fenella Fielding, who plays Valeria, lives down my road, and whenever I see her, I always want to say, 'Frrrrying tonightttt!' at her. But that would be cruel as she looks a bit dotty....Still wears those eyelashes.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Goro Miyazaki's 'Tales from Earthsea'

Nightfly

Ruby Ruby when will you be mine?
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Witch Hunt, a documentary about innocent parents serving years for trumped up charges of molestation of their own children in Bakersfield CA. And it's about ignorance. Powerful and tragic.

My sense of justice (or maybe revenge) wanted it to expose more those on the side of the prosecution.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Just saw Star Trek and...WOW! I absolutely LOVED it. Great cast, great acting, great story. Wonderfully done and I'm not even a trecky (sp?).

Nightfly

Ruby Ruby when will you be mine?
Registered
Reaction score
Inglorious Basterds. I tell you, Tarantino is Brilliant.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Sherlock Holmes. Yeah, I'm always late for these parties. :D Always nice to see an action movie for people who read books, which mixed a healthy dose of destruction (and steampunk!) into the tangled puzzle of a plot.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Julie and Julia - Meryl Streep is always good. In case you were wondering if Julia Child ever got laid, the answer is yes (and you wanted to know this).

300 - My son wanted to see it. I walked out of the room 15 minutes into it. I know, let's put a giant hole in the middle of town and kick people into it for effect.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Dh and I just watched Pandorum last night. It was...eh. Sort of Mad Max meets Aliens kind of feel. Didn't hate it didn't love it. Had some cool parts and some cheesy ones. But kept me on the edge at times and made me jump once or twice so it's okay in my book.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Witch Hunt, a documentary about innocent parents serving years for trumped up charges of molestation of their own children in Bakersfield CA. And it's about ignorance. Powerful and tragic.

My sense of justice (or maybe revenge) wanted it to expose more those on the side of the prosecution.

Great documentary.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Terminator Salvation (saw it in theaters, got the DVD for Christmas, finally had a chance to watch yesterday). More disappointed this time. Dear franchise owners: Just make John Connor the focus, please! It's what the fans want. kthxbai

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Terminator Salvation (saw it in theaters, got the DVD for Christmas, finally had a chance to watch yesterday). More disappointed this time. Dear franchise owners: Just make John Connor the focus, please! It's what the fans want. kthxbai

The franchise is up for sale, so... get on that. ;)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Up. An up-lifting movie. Very nice and different.