Hi, I'm New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattpwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Matt and I am new to AWWC. I'm pretty new to forum sites like this, so I'll probably have no idea what I'm doing early on.

I like to write sci-fi/fantasy-mostly contemporary-although I have dipped my toes into other genres. I like to put a lot of action and humor into my writing. As you can probably guess, I'm pretty "straight to the point" when talking about my own writing. Though, if I'm talking about someone else's work, I can go on a college essay level schpeel.

To give you an idea of what kind of personality I have, I think it's best expressed with my favorite movie line of all time:

"Lone Starr, there is something I must tell you."
"What?"
"I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."
"And what does that make us?"
"Absolutely nothing, which is what you are about to become."

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Hi Matt, and welcome to AW!

In my opinion, AW is the premier writing place on the nets. An amazing resource on all things writing and publishing, and with an active community of writers (from newbie to pro) and other industry pros. AW is a bit of a sprawling metropolis, so it can be easy to get lost when you're new (and especially when you're generally new to forums) but you'll find your hangout spots soon enough.

Don't be afraid to dive in and get your feet wet. You'll love it here, I'm sure.

See you around the boards :)
Izz

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you. Just so you know, there's probably a sticky and/or a FAQ (that's Frequently Asked Questions) for everything that you're unsure of or can't figure out. Take the time to read the ones this board's moderator will share in a welcome message in the next several hours. They'll help you get acclimated the fastest.

Meanwhile, though, I can show you where we keep the snacks stashed, which is a good thing to know.

Maryn, glad you found us

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
Welcome!

Space Balls is one of my favorites! I read that blurb in Rick Moranis' 'Dark Helmet' voice. Love most of Mel Brooks' other works as well.

Anywho, I think you'll enjoy your stay with us, make yourself comfortable, and remember to have fun!

Doh! Almost forgot....may the Schwartz be with you :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Amerigo

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.