The 2017-2018 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
hey, don't worry if you DON'T write an extra story. No One KNOWS!

DianneM

Registered
Reaction score
This is my first time doing this. I am really looking forward to it.

Give: I like writing urban fantasy/sci fi. I like to keep it light-hearted and fun, no gratuitous sex or gore.

Receive: A woman orders what she thinks is a lovely piece of home décor on eBay but it turns out to be a dragon egg and it just started to hatch.

-Riv-

The much appreciated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is my first time doing this. I am really looking forward to it.

Give: I like writing urban fantasy/sci fi. I like to keep it light-hearted and fun, no gratuitous sex or gore.

Receive: A woman orders what she thinks is a lovely piece of home décor on eBay but it turns out to be a dragon egg and it just started to hatch.
:welcome:
Great prompt!

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yay. I thought I'd missed the deadline. I'd like to sign up to give and receive please.

GIVE: I mostly write romance (f/f, m/m, or f/m all fine) but I'm happy to write fantasy and soft scifi with no romantic elements too. I'm not good at horror, suspense, or hard scifi. I am happy to write violence, gore, sex scenes...etc. I'm happy to write about humanoid fantastical creatures/aliens...etc but please no talking animals. And I enjoy writing humorous things but not anything off-the-wall zany.

RECEIVE: I'd like to read a light-hearted story about lesbian dragons. Doesn't have to be a romance, they can simply be friends who know each other and happen to be gay. I'd prefer humanoid or able to transform into humanoid dragons and I'd prefer something light-hearted for this prompt with a happy ending. Please no sexual violence or any other serious business topics, and no in-story homophobia.

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I did some maths! Because numbers are fun.

By my count, we have 14 new people who didn't play last year but are in this year. (Welcome, y'all, if you haven't played before, you're in for good times!)

There are 17 people from last year who have not yet signed up. You know who you are *coughCobracough*

So, potentially, we could absolutely destroy our count from last year considering we only need four more to tie it. *coughThreeifCobragetshisnameincough* Man I am so sorry, I think I have something in my throat.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did some maths! Because numbers are fun.

By my count, we have 14 new people who didn't play last year but are in this year. (Welcome, y'all, if you haven't played before, you're in for good times!)

Those are AWESOME numbers.

There are 17 people from last year who have not yet signed up. You know who you are *coughCobracough*

So, potentially, we could absolutely destroy our count from last year considering we only need four more to tie it. *coughThreeifCobragetshisnameincough* Man I am so sorry, I think I have something in my throat.

Normally I wait till close to the end to ensure we have even numbers, but since SOMEONE is hinting at needing a prompt, here goes:

I am signing up to both GIVE and RECEIVE.

GIVE: I write just about everything except full-on romance and gore.

RECEIVE: This year, dear gifter, my prompt is the following photo:

Coffin_2.0.png

Have fun!

griffins

Registered
Reaction score
Welp, here we go! I'd like to sign up for both.

GIVE: Would like to expand my horizons and attempt to evade my would-be guessers (Tiddlywinks, JJ Litke, Maggie Maxwell, et al.) by writing a very un-Griffins, serious story this year. So, no overtly comic prompts please. Still not attempting a romance though!

RECEIVE: Your protagonist is hosting a banquet for ghosts in the Arizonian desert. The why, how, and what happens next is up to you!

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya...

I've never done this before :) Hope I do it right...

Um. So. Both I suppose? :D

Giving: Anything really, but I lean ridiculous; I do better when tinged with ridiculous I think.

Receiving Prompt: Give me a story in which a loom features prominently as an obstacle, an antagonist, or a primary instrument of the antagonist. "Loom" can be interpreted broadly and can make things other than cloth if you like, as long as it's still loomy enough to be called a loom. The loom can also switch sides if you want at some point in the story, as long as it is used somewhere, and affectingly, for villainy, or general obstruction to the protagonist's goal.

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya...

I've never done this before :) Hope I do it right...

Um. So. Both I suppose? :D

Giving: Anything really, but I lean ridiculous; I do better when tinged with ridiculous I think.

Receiving Prompt: Give me a story in which a loom features prominently as an obstacle, an antagonist, or a primary instrument of the antagonist. "Loom" can be interpreted broadly and can make things other than cloth if you like, as long as it's still loomy enough to be called a loom. The loom can also switch sides if you want at some point in the story, as long as it is used somewhere, and affectingly, for villainy, or general obstruction to the protagonist's goal.

Love your prompt :D

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score

A Loom? If ever there was a fanfic waiting to be written...

Last edited:

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com

This is an excellent prompt!

We now have exactly 50 people.

One more person to meet the record.

Two more people to break it.

Last edited: