coffee party

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
I saw this go by on Facebook two or three times last week and again this week already.

http://coffeepartyusa.com/

MISSION: The Coffee Party Movement gives voice to Americans who want to see cooperation in government. We recognize that the federal government is not the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will, and that we must participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans. As voters and grassroots volunteers, we will support leaders who work toward positive solutions, and hold accountable those who obstruct them.

Their site is slow right now due to increased demand from exposure.

Thoughts?

Astroturff or grassroots movement?

By comparison, I thought the Teap Party was a astroturff movement that actually/accidentally tapped into legitimate concerns that took on its own life.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
How cute, the Tories have their own club now. ;)

Scoody

Banned
Reaction score
I saw this go by on Facebook two or three times last week and again this week already.

http://coffeepartyusa.com/

Their site is slow right now due to increased demand from exposure.

Thoughts?

Astroturff or grassroots movement?

By comparison, I thought the Teap Party was a astroturff movement that actually/accidentally tapped into legitimate concerns that took on its own life.

This is a 100% astroturf movement. Hell, it may be a bowell movement. It was started out as a fake movement. Annabelle Park the founder and organizer is an Obama Operative and supporter. Support the will of the people my eye. They are just a way to close ranks around Obama and decieve the people. How pathetic is that?

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Ha!

And who defines a "positive solution"?
Positive for whom?

Well it could be a boon for Starbucks if all the meetings were held in their shops. But then, some might want to go to Dunkin Donuts, and the fights would resume.

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com
This is a 100% astroturf movement. Hell, it may be a bowell movement. It was started out as a fake movement. Annabelle Park the founder and organizer is an Obama Operative and supporter. Support the will of the people my eye. They are just a way to close ranks around Obama and decieve the people. How pathetic is that?

This is nothing more than trolling. There are people in here with well more than 10,000 posts who will see past this, regardless of their political affinities.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
It gives too much credibility to the Tea Party, if there is a Tea Party. I know it's fun to take the day off and go protest, or lazily retweet something profound for the good of humanity, but come on. Is anyone trying to be practical and grounded in something that will actually work?

Maybe reading the legislation and then using the public support card? Grassroots legislative proposals? I don't know exactly, but that protestor urge needs to have something solid behind it, imho.

Of course, I'd like to start with those in power caring about arguments with solid weight behind them...