Structural analysis of myth or other fiction - recommend me some?

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Having run out of Claude Levi-Strauss to read, I'm looking for similar books or smaller essays/articles that structurally analyze one or several myths or other types of fiction (especially novels). So if anyone knows of any, please recommend them. :)

sunandshadow

Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Lol, I knew I should have mentioned him along with Levi-Strauss as 'already read'. Did he write anything of note besides "morphology of the folktale" though?

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Having run out of Claude Levi-Strauss to read, I'm looking for similar books or smaller essays/articles that structurally analyze one or several myths or other types of fiction (especially novels). So if anyone knows of any, please recommend them. :)

You've read all 4 volumes of Mythologies? The Raw and the Cooked, From Honey to Ashes? The Origin of Table Manners and the Naked Man?

And the two later ones: the Way of the Masks and the Story of Lynx?

That's a lot of Levi-Strauss. How about Edmund Leach, Victor Turner and Mary Douglass?

sunandshadow

Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Yes I read all that Levi-Strauss - I enjoy reading him, as long as I don't try to read too much at a time. Thank you, I will check out Leach, Turner, and Douglass.