Right then - what's next?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's 2:00pm and I'm done for the day (1,200 words, but who's counting?) and more than that I'm extremely abuzz because I've left myself excellent notes for tomorrow. It's raining outside, and Matilda and I are stuck indoors.

Should we -

a) sort the linen press out
b) sort the paper-bag drawer out
c) vacuum literally everything
d) watch a cozy mystery because we're writing a cozy mystery so yanno, that's practically Research or
e) climb up on the roof in the rain when there's lightning and everything likely to start any minute, and clean the gutters because we forgot to book a lad to come in and do that and now there's a teeensy drip coming down from the ceiling.

Further info - we're not good on ladders, we live alone, and if one of us falls and breaks her back the other one (it sounds bad, but let's face it) is likely, in the absence of regular meals to start chowing down on the limbs of The Fallen by about 7:00. And there will be nobody any wiser about this until around next Thursday week.

Votes?

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: Elenitsa

Jazz Club

It's not wrong, it's dialect
Registered
Reaction score
D! Always cozy mystery šŸ˜€

(Also, I'm not really sure what a linen press is. Is it what I call the hotpress? I'm going to assume so...)

• Love
Reactions: mccardey

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Send Matilda up the ladder, then take away the ladder and don't let her down till the dripping stops.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I also donā€™t know what a linen press is (maybe an iron? Sounds dangerous) or what youā€™ll do with the paper bag drawer. Vacuuming leads to dust rising into the air, which sounds sneezy, and worse if you have to empty it first for many modern vacuums. E is waaaay too dangerous for you and Matilda.

Put a trashcan under the drip, call the gutter folks to come tomorrow, and curl up with Matilda to watch that mystery, extra cozy.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I also donā€™t know what a linen press is
It's where the sheets go when they're not on the beds. Also towels and pillowcases and things.
curl up with Matilda to watch that mystery, extra cozy.
I'm way ahead of you, because I always listen to @Jazz Club . But now that you've said it, I'll do it again.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why? Fixes the roof plus good training for her if you decide to apprentice her out as a chimney sweep.

Additional training: tie her securely to a long pole and then thrust her down the chimney and rub-a-dub-scrub.

• Haha
Reactions: Stytch and Elenitsa

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why? Fixes the roof plus good training for her if you decide to apprentice her out as a chimney sweep.

Additional training: tie her securely to a long pole and then thrust her down the chimney and rub-a-dub-scrub.
omg.
No, I'm not sending her to your place for a holiday. Stop asking me.

Janine R

Registered
Reaction score
f) you forgot f). Go to Africa for 3 weeks where you change hotels or countries every night and are forced to get up before dawn to drive around and look at far too large animals and spiders that fall on you and leave Matilda to fend for herself with a supply of fresh bunnies and guinea pigs. Then come back after the ceiling has collapsed and wait for the Covid to hit.

On the other hand, e) does sound like a good option.