Newbie Again?

TheKat

Registered
Reaction score
Life cycles. I think I tried this before in the midst of trying to raise 6 children and full-time ministry. Love to write. Just sent off something for our Women's Ministry. We'll see. Still sitting on a book, I finished that no one seems to want. I'm a lazy writer. I've written locally, nationally and internationally for my church and university, but have not spread my wings beyond this computer yet. Retirement will be looming in the future, got to get this mind firing. Also love my grandchildren, gardening, knitting, and relaxing.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! You're not the only one returning to writing at the point of retirement.

And congrats on finishing your book! What's it about?

ETA: Also, Gardening! :)

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone who manages to write while raising six kids has clearly got herself better organized than I'll ever be. I salute you! And welcome you.

TheKat

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! You're not the only one returning to writing at the point of retirement.

A High-powered mom essentially has a series of crises: Purse theft, kid in school fight, husband heart attack....that she convinces that family to make a life change from the complicated and stressful life of Chicago to the serene fields of Wisconsin. Let the adventure begin! Classic City Mouse, Country Mouse with the human complications. There is a bit of a faith theme and the main character coming face to face with her estrange relationship with her moth mother to.

Reactions: Unimportant

TheKat

Registered
Reaction score

ETA: Also, Gardening! :)
Career woman who has series of life and family crises convinces family that a change is needed. Think City Mouse, Country Mouse and you have a set up for an adventure. Relator turned house flipper/interior decorator and rebuilding a strained relationship with a mother to boot. That's my story in a nutshell.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Career woman who has series of life and family crises convinces family that a change is needed. Think City Mouse, Country Mouse and you have a set up for an adventure. Relator turned house flipper/interior decorator and rebuilding a strained relationship with a mother to boot. That's my story in a nutshell.
There's a lot to unpack there, and a lot of appeal for readers. Go you!

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hello and :welcome: to Absolute Write, TheKat! :)

See you around the board!

Norsebard