Just wondering, does anyone here make YouTube videos?

SamuraiHex

Registered
Reaction score
Website
samuraihex.weebly.com
Just wondering if any of you upload onto YouTube. It'd be nice to find out if someone uses that community along with this one along with something about why you use it to make videos and what your videos are about.

I personally upload to YouTube as a video gamer. I started a year and bit ago, though stopped after some bad things happened IRL. Just returned to it today, new channel and new videos with a new set of style. I'll also eventually do music and possibly some book related stuff. My user is TheSamuraiHex001 if people want to bother checking my videos out.

So what (if you do) type of channel is yours focused on?

HeavyAirship

Aboard my phaneron.
Registered
Reaction score
I hope to one day but I don't have time now. It would be cool to if you vloged about the process of writing a book from conception to publishing. I think people would be interested in the reality of being a writer.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's more than enough information already out there - and here.

I hope to one day but I don't have time now. It would be cool to if you vloged about the process of writing a book from conception to publishing. I think people would be interested in the reality of being a writer.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering making a YouTube channel to promote my writing (under the sage advice of "less is more" when actively advertising something, but that being involved in a community is the best way to sell more books, provided that community knows you have written them).

Of course, I don't have any available books yet... Hence I haven't started a channel yet. :)

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I recently learned how to make videos from PowerPoint slides and to add music. Someone suggested I do that for my time in Africa since people were going to ask "What was Africa like?" then expect me to describe it in fifteen words or less. Giving them a video to watch would be a bettrr way to stimulate discussion. I've not yet made vlogs or anything, but that sounds like a cool idea as long as I know how to promote them, which has always been the hard part for me.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I've played around with a video montage or two. Made one for "Being Human" (US version)

brasiliareview

author of Sweet Bread
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brasiliareview.org
I recently learned how to make videos from PowerPoint slides and to add music. Someone suggested I do that for my time in Africa since people were going to ask "What was Africa like?" then expect me to describe it in fifteen words or less. Giving them a video to watch would be a bettrr way to stimulate discussion. I've not yet made vlogs or anything, but that sounds like a cool idea as long as I know how to promote them, which has always been the hard part for me.

I'd like to see this.

I make ukulele videos and put those up on youtube. It's another creative outlet and something I enjoy.

noranne

the possibilities are endless
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nora-bailey.com
I make videos for my blog sometimes. I used to have a vlog channel but I changed Google accounts and you can't transfer it over, so I let that lapse. And recently I started a new series for my blog where I read one of my flash fiction stories every week. I don't get a lot of views, but I have fun making them and hopefully at least a few people have been entertained. :) (My channel.)

SamuraiHex

Registered
Reaction score
Website
samuraihex.weebly.com
New Channel Mostly Devoted To Writing

After reading all the comments on this thread I decided to start another YouTube channel, mostly devoted to writing but would contain other things apart from gaming. Currently just started it, but whenever I'm able to I'll upload a vlog of me saying how it's going and all with my new book I've started. Feel free to check it out! https://www.youtube.com/user/SamuraiHexBooks