Hi everyone!

hapaweyrlady

Registered
Reaction score
California's Central Valley (where food grows)
Hi everyone! Thanks for letting me be part of this community! This is the first writing group I’ve joined, and I hope to make some writer friends and learn more about the craft.

I write SF/F and attempted my first fantasy novel about 13 years ago. After participating in NaNoWriMo for a few years, I found my writing flow. Currently I have 2 drafts I feel confident enough to share (I say as butterflies swarm my stomach). I’d like to try beta reading for others since I’ve never done that before. I mostly read SF/F, and the occasional horror or thriller to change things up.

Professionally, I’m an optometrist, practicing part-time. I enjoy playing video games when I can.

Reactions: kittrick

Gramps

Endless imagination brings limitless nightmares
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. A. Moderator will be along soonish to discuss forum decorum. I hope you enjoy the community. We have a ton of SF/F writers here. Again, welcome.

Reactions: hapaweyrlady

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Thanks for letting me be part of this community! This is the first writing group I’ve joined, and I hope to make some writer friends and learn more about the craft.

I write SF/F and attempted my first fantasy novel about 13 years ago. After participating in NaNoWriMo for a few years, I found my writing flow. Currently I have 2 drafts I feel confident enough to share (I say as butterflies swarm my stomach). I’d like to try beta reading for others since I’ve never done that before. I mostly read SF/F, and the occasional horror or thriller to change things up.

Professionally, I’m an optometrist, practicing part-time. I enjoy playing video games when I can.
Welcome! You've started big -- there are lots of writing groups online, but Absolute Write is, as some people say, 'bigly'.

Heaps of SF/F writers here, and heaps of Nano-ers as well. Check out whatever areas interest you and join in discussions as you like.

And pretend not to notice that I've got a goopy smudge on my glasses....it's dog food, I swear.

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hello and :welcome: to Absolute Write, hapaweyrlady! :)

See you around the board!

Norsebard

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We like butterflies here, since we all get them when we share our work for feedback. Wouldn't it be cool if it were actual butterflies?

It's our pleasure to meet you. Welcome!

Reactions: hapaweyrlady