Not open for further replies.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
There's a great interview of Stephen King discussing his new book Lisey's Story...which is something completely different for him. I can't find the actual link!? At this moment it's on the front page of Yahoo. (If somebody finds the actual link can you post it?) It's well worth watching. He discusses craft, etc.

http://www.yahoo.com/

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thanks McAllister! (-;

I'm really interested in reading this book. I would welcome a change from him. He's a wonderful character writer. I'd like to see his characters in a new genre setting.

Marlowe

Duck of Death
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmovieplanet.com
Y'know, I'm reading Lisey's Story- it's decent (and the main psycho guy's alias is the same as my first name, even the spelling, which is creeping me out), but it's fuzzier than his earlier stuff. I wouldn't really consider it a pure romance novel; it's still got the horror stuff, it's just more concerned with the central relationship than his novels usually are.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
King

Good interview, but while I usually love King's books, this one is leaving me cold, at least so far. It's definitely an experiment on his part, but it's as if he couldn't decide which of two books to write, a new, radically different novel, or one more his usual style.

I'm roughly halfway through the book, and it strikes me that the book isn't working because it's a neither/nor story. Neither part is working for me because just when it starts to work, the other part intrudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.