Anyone else in college/grad school just finish the semester?

erinxblan

Registered
Reaction score
Semester is over, time to write! For fun! At least for the next week until my summer class starts. :( After that, I only have one semester left, though! Then I can write all I want in my free time without feeling guilty that I should be doing my coursework.

Anyone else in school? How do you balance writing and school work?

CMBright

Cats are easy, Mice are tough
Registered
Reaction score
You're right. The semester is almost over. Which means our 13yo will be home. Sigh. I'll be getting less writing in when school is out in about a month.

erinxblan

Registered
Reaction score
You're right. The semester is almost over. Which means our 13yo will be home. Sigh. I'll be getting less writing in when school is out in about a month.
Haha, oh no! That's something I didn't think of. Good luck this summer. I hope you still get some writing in.

CMBright

Cats are easy, Mice are tough
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, oh no! That's something I didn't think of. Good luck this summer. I hope you still get some writing in.
Yep, the difference between parents and students. I will. Just not as much.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Kid (our adult daughter) teaches at the nearby university and still has two weeks to go, then grading. She's envious of the colleges that finish earlier, even though she knows it's because they get fewer or shorter breaks during the semester.

But having a week during which there's nothing else you ought to be doing for school is pretty amazing. Don't waste it! Maybe commit to writing X amount of time a day?

Maryn, who knows you need some not-writing time, too

erinxblan

Registered
Reaction score
The Kid (our adult daughter) teaches at the nearby university and still has two weeks to go, then grading. She's envious of the colleges that finish earlier, even though she knows it's because they get fewer or shorter breaks during the semester.

But having a week during which there's nothing else you ought to be doing for school is pretty amazing. Don't waste it! Maybe commit to writing X amount of time a day?

Maryn, who knows you need some not-writing time, too
I think this week is our official last week, but all of my professors made everything due last week. I bet it's so they have time to accept late work and get grading done. It's an online program (kind of), so it's a little different.

You're right about me needing a plan! If I don't, the week will fly by and I will have gotten nothing done. I'm going to go block out writing time in my planner.

• Haha
Reactions: frimble3

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good idea! If you're at all like I was at that stage of my life, you'd be smart to also block out some cleaning-organizing time. (I still hate doing that and make it wait until the drawer or closet can't close.)

erinxblan

Registered
Reaction score
Good idea! If you're at all like I was at that stage of my life, you'd be smart to also block out some cleaning-organizing time. (I still hate doing that and make it wait until the drawer or closet can't close.)
Haha, yes, I've been trying to focus on getting the house in order. Swept and mopped today. You should have seen the state the floors were in. Now I have to move on to the dreaded dishes.

Reactions: Maryn

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I think this week is our official last week, but all of my professors made everything due last week. I bet it's so they have time to accept late work and get grading done. It's an online program (kind of), so it's a little different.

You're right about me needing a plan! If I don't, the week will fly by and I will have gotten nothing done. I'm going to go block out writing time in my planner.
Yeah, the profs are looking forward to a little time off, like their students!