Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Bah, there are plenty of people who would object to being called 'transphobic' because they're not scared of no weirdos, but who would not object to someone calling them 'anti-trans'.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
What is it with millionaires needing to be coddled and protected from the consequences of their own words these days? You can't move an inch lately before one comes whinging.

They'll come up with the anti-trans equivalent of 'pro-life' any day now, I reckon. Something that will sound nice and caring and will hide their nasty cargo that is anything but.

Maybe we should start calling them 'people who chose an anti-trans lifestyle'? 'cos this is a choice, in contrast to a lot of other things that get labelled 'lifestyle' these days.

Reactions: ElaineA

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What is it with millionaires needing to be coddled and protected from the consequences of their own words these days? You can't move an inch lately before one comes whinging.
Your "millionaire" is my (well, their) "oppressed minority".

I know - you have to squint really hard, but they Will Make You squint really hard.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
:e2violin:All that money and they keep insisting on wasting it on dull things like this. Who could have guessed becoming a millionaire makes you such dull, sour people?

Why don't we start taxing them proportionally and give them something to winge about in earnest? Win-win! Save a millionaire, tax their... behind!

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I read the most recent headline too fast, and thought it said, "BBC Presenters Instructed to Coddle Transpeople."

So I thought, "That's ridiculous, no one is asking to be coddled, trans people just want to be treated the same as cis people, is that really so much... oh, wait. Never mind."

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Disney Shareholders Reject Anti-Trans Policy In High-Stakes Annual Meeting

Anti-trans advocates failed to pass a measure at Disney’s annual shareholder meeting Wednesday amid the company’s largest, most expensive and contentious proxy contest in recent history.
Today, Chloe Cole, a 19-year-old who has spent much of the last two years testifying in support of legislation to ban gender-affirming care for minors, urged Walt Disney Co. shareholders to vote for a proposal to force the company to pay for services for people who choose to detransition.
Cole spoke as an advocate for Do No Harm, a group of conservative medical professionals who are skeptical of gender-affirming care, and presented the proposal on behalf of the National Legal and Policy Center, a conservative group that challenges what they see as abuse and corruption in government and business.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Bah, there are plenty of people who would object to being called 'transphobic' because they're not scared of no weirdos, but who would not object to someone calling them 'anti-trans'.
I hate it when people get pedantic about word meanings without really understanding the words they are getting pedantic about.

Are these folks going to stand up in chemistry class and object to the word "hydrophobic" being applied to lipid molecules because molecules aren't alive and therefore can't be afraid of something?

But these folks don't want to admit or own their hate because they don't want to accept the consequences (even if those consequences are people asking tough questions in interviews or dismissing them as assholes).