Anyone doing April Camp Nano (2024) ?

NellyParker

Registered
Reaction score
The Nano forums are still down and I wanted to find a group before the start of Camp Nano, so I was wondering if anyone plans to do it around here.
I haven't decided on an objective yet, but it's probably gonna be something chill, like write 15k words or something. Probably gonna be "or something" because I'm nearing the end of my first draft and writing has been going rather slow lately.

Valkyrie Tina

Registered
Reaction score
I will do this Nanocamp. The plan is to fix the first book of my urban fantasy series, and write the second one. Hard to set a word count on that, but it will be at least 30k.
I don't know yet if I will register on the official page. The situation makes me very sad. Else I will mainly be in the 4thewords forum and our regional Stockholm Wrimo forum.

• Love
Reactions: Elenitsa

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. I'd LOVE to finish my book, but that's probably highly unrealistic. My goal is going to be 30k. My goal this month has been 30k and I doubt I'll reach it (I'm still trying, though). If I managed to hit 60k in the next few days (highly unlikely), that would get me to 90k for the manuscript next month and (in theory) close to finished. I probably won't hit my stretch goal for this month, so I'll see where I'm at at the end of this month. I have ten more days so, and if I have a couple of highly productive days it could happen.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Those who choose to do this but don't register at any official NaNo site are free to report their daily progress in this thread. Accountability matters, and you can certainly attain that right here.

I recommend establishing a measurable goal by April 1, stating it here, then noting your progress daily.

nailamoonsi

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be editing my book during April Camp Nano! Doing revisions that scare me (getting rid of excessive "but" and "and").

• Love
Reactions: Elenitsa and Maryn

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
You guys can stick to everything Camp NaNo in this thread or someone can make a goals thread and a progress thread, if you’d prefer.

• Love
Reactions: kaitie and Elenitsa

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
caribbeandawn1720.jcink.net
I will do it here.

My group (I used to be ML for Romania, I sent my resignation and we have our FB group, doing our own thing, the headquarters anyway was helping only with stickers, we can do without them) voted May, not April, to focus on writing with sprints and so.

MrPinot

Registered
Reaction score
I've decided to go all in this time. I'll finish my outline over the weekend and shoot for 50k words which most likely puts me at the midway point by April 31st. If I'm not burnt-out, I'll keep going through May and try for another 50K and possibly a finished first draft. Yes, that's pretty optimistic, but hey, why not?

There's a line in the new U2 song that I really love; If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough. That's my NaNoWriMo motto this time around!

MrPinot

Registered
Reaction score
Holy cow, is it me or is the NaNoWriMo site a lot harder to navigate then it was a few years ago.....

• Haha
Reactions: Elenitsa

pebbleg

Registered
Reaction score
I will do it here too! Still trying to decide my goal. I'm not there yet regarding the outline for my new project, but hoping to have something workable before Apr 1 so I can set a wordcount goal and start writing!

Reactions: kaitie

MrPinot

Registered
Reaction score
Holy cow, is it me or is the NaNoWriMo site a lot harder to navigate then it was a few years ago.....
Well, okay...the forums aren't harder to use, they're frozen because of a horrible scandal. I'll still use the word count as a motivator, but I wouldn't be surprised if NaNoWriMo comes to end pretty soon.

Reactions: kaitie and Elenitsa

pebbleg

Registered
Reaction score
Well, okay...the forums aren't harder to use, they're frozen because of a horrible scandal. I'll still use the word count as a motivator, but I wouldn't be surprised if NaNoWriMo comes to end pretty soon.
Yes, a lot of people (me included) were turned off by the scandal last year. I won’t use their site anymore, but will participate here as the format has helped me a lot in the past.

DorianFrost

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sort of participating. Aiming for 15,000 words this month (I'm a slow writer, that's a lot for me), between finishing my draft of my current WIP (I have roughly five scenes to go), then doing some more worldbuilding for that project between drafts.

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: I wish the best for all the AW'ers and their writing projects!
Cheer-Blue.gif
flower.gif
flower.gif
flower.gif
Cheer-Green.gif

MrPinot said:
(...) but I wouldn't be surprised if NaNoWriMo comes to end pretty soon.

They need a complete 'reboot,' that's for sure :( Let's see what happens. In the meantime (until November), I'm keeping my powder dry.

Norsebard

pebbleg

Registered
Reaction score
My goal is 25,000 words. I’m not completely happy with my outline yet, so I need to keep at it, but then I also need to start the actual writing and not give myself excuses.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to aim for 1k a day. I only got about 230 today, but let's just say it was a Monday and leave it at that.

Edit: it was actually 350. I didn't scroll enough to catch the top of the page. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

pebbleg

Registered
Reaction score
I was out with kids all day yesterday and didn’t write anything. But today I told myself no more excuse and put some thoughts to the opening scene of my new project (codenamed CHAOS). Wrote only 515 words but I’m happy that I started. It feels good to be writing again!

MrPinot

Registered
Reaction score
I was out with kids all day yesterday and didn’t write anything. But today I told myself no more excuse and put some thoughts to the opening scene of my new project (codenamed CHAOS). Wrote only 515 words but I’m happy that I started. It feels good to be writing again!
Baby steps lead to giant strides (I just made that up, I should copyright it)!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
900 today, so a little under, but Wednesday is always my bad day for having time to do anything, so I'm happy I have words at all.