Back to the drawing board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
I've got 2 books contracted with Samhain. Terrific, right? Yes. In a perfect world it would be awesome.
Except they are focusing all their energies on romance now. Not so terrific for me. My stories are more mystery/thriller/suspense, with a dollop of romance. Okay, a big dollop of romance, but not enough to be considered romance.

I thought the nightmare of query letters, and all that it encompasses-- searching for an agent/publisher was over. I realize I was dreaming and someone woke me from my blissful slumber.

I seriously considered, for a minute, just giving it all up. That's how much I dread the query process. (I know we all do)
Just when my bruised and battered ego was on the mend...why? Why do we subject ourselves to this torture?

I don't want to say goodbye to Angelica Kane and her peeps. That's why.
She has many more tales to tell and adventures to live out, albeit on paper.

Oh bother!
Thanks for listening.
Bran

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
Take heart. Once you're completed a two-book deal, you have gained a lot of credibility with both agents and publishers. The work isn't over -- it never will be -- but you have already managed the hardest part. Have faith; you can do it!

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Take a day off. Take a walk. Go to a museum. Or the zoo. (Checks your location.) Or a tea party. But don't lose your head. Claudia's right. It's never really over. But be honest. You'd miss the fun parts, wouldn't you? And don't they make it all worth while?

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hang in there, Branwyn, you've already managed a lot more than a good majority of those who try ever do! Yes, getting on the query horse isn't pleasant - it bucks a lot, has a bad temper and steps on your toes in the cold weather. But when you manage it, when you can stay on long enough for a good ride, there's no better feeling :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is why you keep a bottle of decent chablis in the back of the fridge, and cheese in the freezer. I'll have it nicely arranged by the time you arrive. We'll rage against the unfairness of it all, then chill, and by the time the bottle's gone, you'll be fine. Well, until you realize I expect you to help make dinner, anyway.

Maryn, who once again wishes we all lived in the same city

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
darn people...always talking about food and stuff... *grumble grumble*

pounds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.