The Dog Ate My Homework

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
The White House said Wednesday it had mishandled Republican Party-sponsored e-mail accounts used by nearly two dozen presidential aides, resulting in the loss of an undetermined number of e-mails concerning official White House business. Congressional investigators looking into the administration's firing of eight federal prosecutors already had the nongovernmental e-mail accounts in their sights because some White House aides used them to help plan the U.S. attorneys' ouster. Democrats were questioning whether the use of the GOP-provided e-mail accounts was proof that the firings were political.

Ho boy. It's like they're just piling on scandals so nobody can focus on one thing in particular.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Email can be recovered from any drive that hasn't been destroyed with a sledgehammer or the like. If someone is saying it's gone then it's just a lie. If they say something like it was deleted and when we went to recover it we found the drive had been lowered in a volcano and dissolved or something similar then it might be believable.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
I think, ultimately, that's going to be the defense.

"We didn't realize putting hard drives in a blast furnace violated protocol," Ms. Perino said. "We were never given clarification on just what policy was supposed to be."

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
It is chilling that this secondary communication system was in effect at the highest level of government.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
interesting, several months ago, tourdeforce created a thread asking how to destroy sensitive material from a computer.

hmmm....

Last edited:

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
There really isn't a way to do it without completely destroying the platters.

You can overwrite the data 100,000 times and there are still tools that will recover it. All the other tricks...ditto.

Destruction is the only way.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
I continue to be amused at how many of these people can't remember things. What does that say about the quality of appointees of this Administration?

caw

I think the question about the quality of Bush appointees was settled here:

BEN-VENISTE: Isn't it a fact, Dr. Rice, that the August 6 PDB warned against possible attacks in this country? And I ask you whether you recall the title of that PDB?

RICE: I believe the title was, "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States."
Now, the...

BEN-VENISTE: Thank you.

RICE: No, Mr. Ben-Veniste...

BEN-VENISTE: I will get into the...

RICE: I would like to finish my point here.

BEN-VENISTE: I didn't know there was a point.

RICE: Given that -- you asked me whether or not it warned of attacks.

BEN-VENISTE: I asked you what the title was.

RICE: You said, did it not warn of attacks. It did not warn of attacks inside the United States. It was historical information based on old reporting. There was no new threat information. And it did not, in fact, warn of any coming attacks inside the United States.

Reaction score
Too easy a straight line, Trilzy. You know I'm not about to disagree with you on that issue. By the way, by 20 January 2008, Republicans will have held the Oval Office 28 of the preceding 40 years.

I know.

"It's beautiful, man!!!"
Tom Cruise
Taps

Last edited:

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
There really isn't a way to do it without completely destroying the platters.

Isn't Herb Reed the only survivor from the original five? He's got to be eighty-something by now, and I could probably just pop a balloon right next to him and send him off on his final journey, so I don't see any real diffic...wait a minute. Are you talking about computer stuff?

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't Herb Reed the only survivor from the original five? He's got to be eighty-something by now, and I could probably just pop a balloon right next to him and send him off on his final journey, so I don't see any real diffic...wait a minute. Are you talking about computer stuff?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.