BIG LOVE! Bill Pullman's new show.

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I am totally addicted to BIG LOVE, HBO's new show. I love the characters and the whole Polygamy focus. It's interesting to see such a show on tv when most of the things like this are never brought with such...sincerity. It's not a graphic nasty show about an old man who has 10 wives, half are related or daughters to the first wives...(that is only in Roman's clan).

Bill Pullman's character is a great guy, he works hard and loves his family, all three wives and seperate children live in a large three home lot. It's kinda like 7th heaven in Utah!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
SouthernWriter1978 said:
I am totally addicted to BIG LOVE, HBO's new show. I love the characters and the whole Polygamy focus. It's interesting to see such a show on tv when most of the things like this are never brought with such...sincerity. It's not a graphic nasty show about an old man who has 10 wives, half are related or daughters to the first wives...(that is only in the clan Roman has).

Bill Pullman's character is a great guy, he works hard and loves his family, all three wives and seperate children live in a large three home lot. It's kinda like 7th heaven in Utah!

That show is not just scary.

It's Mormon scary.

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
No way, it's cool. Wouldn't you want three women, taking all your money, forcing you to please them nightly-on time-everytime! It's a great show...lol. Don't you wish you were in his shoes?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Hell no. Don't you know that women who congregate together tend to cycle together? That's PMSx3! No way. No how. No thanks.

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
No, it's better if they cycle one after another!

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
by new show you mean in its 2nd season, right?

:D

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
No, it only started recently where I live. Or am I watching reruns? Oh well...it says it's new here.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I thought Bill Paxton was in "Big Love," not Bill Pulman.

And, when it says it's "new," are you sure they're not meaning that what you're watching is a new episode, and not that the entire show is new (since, it's not)?

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
It's been airing here since last year. I watched it a couple of times, because it came on right after Deadwood and I was too lazy to change the channel, but lost interest pretty quickly. It was one of those shows that I thought would work better as a 2-hour movie instead of a weekly series.

Your mileage may vary.

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
PattiTheWicked said:
It was one of those shows that I thought would work better as a 2-hour movie instead of a weekly series.

Your mileage may vary.

YES!!!! Or even a mini-series.

I'm still pissed that HBO ended Carnivale the way they did.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I don't know what man in his right mind would want to be MARRIED to THREE WOMEN all at once. Mein gott. I mean, when you die and go upstairs, I think that takes care of any time you've accrued in pergatory. That ain't got nothing on being married to three women.

I mean, one woman and a mistress can be handled okay.

(and I have gotten over my Carnivale pain....yes I have.....)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Spork, its bill paxton (or "Chet", as I like to think of him still).

And it is in its second season.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Carrie in PA said:
I'm still pissed that HBO ended Carnivale the way they did.

I'm still sulking over that one.

Around here we call Big Love "Big Dud". I'm not so fond of it, but I can see where others would like it.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I was a total Big Love addict last year, but this year I had the cable taken out just before the new season started. Waaa. I'm thinking about getting it again, but this season will be over soon. Last season is out on DVD at Blockbuster. Maybe I'll get this season at Blockbuster when it comes out.

I'd ask what's going on, but I don't wanna ruin it :)

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I just got my HBO hooked back up again so I could watch season 2 of Rome. Once this season ends, it's bye-bye to HBO until either Deadwood or the Sopranos come back.

I got nine HBO channels, and what are they showing? "Big Momma's House", something with Adam Sandler, and about seven movies that I already own on DVD.

I'm paying $13 a month for four hours of viewing.

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
LOL Yep, sorry it was Paxton. I loved him in "Fraility"! Mathew Mc. was good in that one too.

I had HBO hooked up just to see the show Big Love...lol.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
If the premise was one woman, three men - a much easier idea for me to fantasize about - I'd go for it. But as is, it just looks like another way for a woman to end up with more kids and less income.

Three men would give the woman that much more time and care, and the offspring would be spaced out as only one party would be bearing them.

There would be plenty of handyman help around the house and the guys would probably run in a pack and have a domestic den. This means all dirty socks, etc. in one place. Dinner would be a piece of cake - well, probably pie as in pizza. Sunday afternoons would be quiet as the guys would be snoozed out around the football-watching machine.

Dang, it sounds like heaven to me - do I have Ted the stockbrocker tonight? Or Bobby the pool guy? Or maybe Bill the college professor? Or maybe all three (cue the violins and the back/foot/etc. rubs...)

And talk about big love...!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Three men and one woman...as I see it *giggle*

where are my socks? .....x 3
what's for dinner?......x 3
Have you seen the (fill in the blank)....x 3
Do we have any milk? (while standing in front of the fridge) ...... x 3
I hate to make phone calls. Will you do it for me?...... x 3

~laughing~

Of course there are other things that, when multiplied by three men, might not be the worst thing that could happen to a chick!!!

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
I can't see three men EVER sharing one woman. LOL! They could never get along long enough to fix anything. One would be saying..."I pleased her more than you!" Or "Mine is bigger, SEE!"...Or..."My mother said you can keep this house cleaner than that!"

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
OH BOY! Three sets of inlaws! I can hardly handle one set and I'm only engaged!

illiterwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'm so addicted to this show, but the second season hasn't started here yet. Love it!

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Big Love is Awesome. I thought the finale of season 1 was very, very cool unlike the finale of the Sorpanos which I thought was a serious snoozefest this past season.

Bruce Dern and Grace Zabachewicantspellhernameski are two of the funniest living actors.

Rome is another great show. Only two episodes in and it's already great and freakin' violent this season.

Patti-

Sopranos begins April 8, and I think that's just as Rome ends. Deadwood isn't going to have another season, just a finale movie I think.

Ronnie

Registered
Reaction score
Stew, OMG, yes! Chet!! My favorite all time movie.

If somebody's pulling one over on me I ask about their girlfriend in Canada and they look at me like I'm nuts.

I also love Big Love with Bill PAXTON. I don't think anyone would believe three women married Bill Pullman. Ick. Chet's sexy, though.

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
LOL sorry about that name fiasco...blonde moment...I have many.

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
BIG LOVE!!!! And here I thought I was the only person who loved this show!! But I sadly no longer have HBO! Hopefully it will be on DVD soon.

Who's your favorite character? I like Marjene! ;)