Who's the black sheep in your family?

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
It was my oldest brother. He was into Harleys when only Bad People were into Harleys. Had a ducks-ass hairdo. T-shirt with a cigarette pack rolled up in the sleeve.

I was the spoiled baby brat.

I know you're all surprised.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JDCrayne said:
I'd have to know more about your family first....

But then I'd have to kill you.

Actually, now that I think about it, my cousin who's in jail has taken over that roll for me now. I've never been to jail. :D Squeaky clean.

I'll have to pass on my sheep over to her when she gets out.

farfromfearless

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farfromfearless.com
Hmmn, my father is a Protestant evangelist, I converted to Catholicism. He thought Saddam was the anticrhist depicted in revelations and moved my family (who naive enough to believe the same) across the ocean to "escape" him; I thought they were all nutters and disowned the lot of them.

I guess that makes me the black sheep. :D

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
farfromfearless said:
Hmmn, my father is a Protestant evangelist, I converted to Catholicism. He thought Saddam was the anticrhist depicted in revelations and moved my family (who naive enough to believe the same) across the ocean to "escape" him; I thought they were all nutters and disowned the lot of them.

I guess that makes me the black sheep. :D

lol

errr-yep!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When we were growing up, my older sister was the black sheep. My mother wrote her term paper, a requirement for high school graduation, because my sister simply wasn't interested in it. What did interest her was "bad boys" like OFG's brother, sneaking out our bathroom window to be with them, and underage drinking. Nobody finds a bottle in your ice skates--not when you live in southern Arizona.

She became a pretty strict mother who's raised three lovely sons to adulthood, and is an excellent teacher, BTW.

Now I guess I'm the black sheep. A few years ago, I decided I cared much less what strangers thought of me than what I thought of me. So I often dress a little eccentrically, for someone of my advanced years, and allow my odd sense of humor out daily, often in public.

Maryn, ebony sheep

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I was the good one. I made good grades, didn't sneak out (like sis), didn't run off and drink (like sis), and didn't do drugs with much older men (like sis). I am now the one they choose to pick on bec I still live near them and she moved out of state.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My strategy was to be the grey sheep and let the black sheep take all the flack.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I could answer this, but I'd rather you read my memoir.

I suppose I should start writing it...

emsuniverse

Back to freelancing again...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm employed, and have been for quite some time now. That's more than I can say for my siblings. I'm the black sheep because I'm the responsible one.

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Really? I started after 30.

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
It's me definitely. I was (and still am) the quiet one; the one who didn't get married and have kids until I was well into my 30's; the one who's a vegetarian; the one who goes to theatre; and of course, the one who writes.

Not that these are bad things - just different to everyone else in my family. God I hated it when they all used to say "Veggies have feelings too. Don't you know they scream when you pull them out of the ground?" I hated that! What's wrong with not eating animals because you don't want to kill them?

Anyway, I think I've strayed off track here. I'll go and eat some veggies.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
the rest of my family are republicans -:e2shrug:

i'll let you guess and the first two don't count.

>''<

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if black sheep means "different", I am definitely the one in my family. My hair and eyes are a different color than all my siblings and my parents. And, I have a big family. I stand out in family pictures. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "you must be the mailman's kid".