Do you believe in horoscopes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Here's mine today:

Quickie:
A birth or arrival ignites a new passion in your heart. Act on your convictions.

Now here is a cutout from my ex-girl in Ukraine that I received today. English isn't her native language. Be kind...

Oh, I forget to say, don't laugh so hurd: Tanya is pregnant again...I was shock couple days, I can't bealive in it. She is crazy! She asked me to keep clothes from Daniel for her new baby...What the life?

Overview:
Are you hearing that old 'Shoulda-woulda-coulda' refrain in your head? Let it go. Everything that happened in your past was meant to bring you to the choices you have right now. Live in the present.

Here's the first part of her letter:

Hello! I'm glad that you alive, but I'm upset because you are so old and forgeting our past...I'll send you picture, ok? About plans and dreams...what to say? Everything what I planed was destroy, some stuff what I dreamed about is happen, but it's very little. I very want a nice and happy future for my son, and me it's not important for me anymore, I'm worry about my mom, son, Oleg(a little after his visit), about my cat, about you(a little) I want to see all this people happy! I'm not egoist, I'm always thinking about somebody first...and last about myself.

I know I need to think about me sometimes, but no time, honestly, I'm always do something. Jonny, I'm crying when thinking about Turkey, Spain, Dominicana, that was time when I was free and relax, it's was my happyness. No one man don't want women like me, because I'm always busy, all day doing something and no time to care about man, and how do you think, after difficult day can I be cloze with man? I don't think so, I dreaming about go to sleep only! I forget what is that, date, kiss, hug, sex...Maby you know this...Tell me about it!

How is it possible? I really want to know how my horoscope can be so right on?

Errrr...life sucks!

Last edited:

Puddle Jumper

I think they're funny to read. They're so generalized they can mean just about anything you want them to.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Puddle Jumper said:
I think they're funny to read. They're so generalized they can mean just about anything you want them to.
Well how do you explain the letter? The birth and remembering our past? Hmmm...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Puddle Jumper said:
What's your sign Spook?
frog_crossing_2.JPG

Puddle Jumper

How is it that I just knew you were going to try and be clever. :rolleyes:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
His work is never done. I am but a servant of the master, cleaning up the messes, and keeping order.

man_maid.jpg

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I was just saying you're making it harder for him, blessing so many people in one night. But if I had to wear that outfit, I'd rebel and send everyone to hell.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
DamaNegra said:
I was just saying you're making it harder for him, blessing so many people in one night. But if I had to wear that outfit, I'd rebel and send everyone to hell.
I have a qutoa. Since I've been too lazy the past month to get any real work done, I must make it up tonight. God knows writers and poets would make worthy demons, but I have no choice.

P.S. God bless you too, Dama!

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I can't figure out how horoscopes are written.

How does the position of the stars and your birthdate work out to "you will meet a mysterious stranger?"

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah like mine today is way out of wack.

Quickie:
You're eager to get going, but first you need to slow down and map out your route.

--
Okay, time for a shower and get ready for work. Wait, let me map out everything I need to do first.

Melisande

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
eldragon said:
I can't figure out how horoscopes are written.

How does the position of the stars and your birthdate work out to "you will meet a mysterious stranger?"

I think that the short daily horoscopes in the daily papers are made up by some talented BS:er. It must be a strain on the poor writer to come up with all those 'predictions' day after day. They have my deepest respect!

Real astrologers make charts. It is all about predicting possibilities, and it is all about math. It's rather fun, actually, but a lot of work. When the chart is done, it is all about interpreting it. And I dare say that there will be as many interpretations to a singel chart as there are astrologers.

A lot of professional readers of both stars and cards are ruthless. They have a 'customer', and it is just as much about psychology as it is about knowledge of astrology. They simply tell the person what he/she wants to hear, take their money and be done with it. Nothing mysterious in that. More mysterious to me is why people fall for it.

Last edited:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Daily horoscopes are dumb. I'd really like that job, posting my bullsh*t predictions every day and get paid for it.

Longer-term stuff is so vague that you really can't take it too seriously. To believe that the stars and planets affect our lives, personalities and fates requires some kind of faith, like religion. However, I do think some of that is true, for me. Can't explain it -- just as I can't explain God.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Horoscopes? Horrorscopes?

Nope.

(God bless ya anyway Spooks)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
CaroGirl said:
Horoscopes? Horrorscopes?

Nope.

(God bless ya anyway Spooks)
I always know the outcome of my Horrorscope.

Quickie:
Today you will die. If not today then tomorrow. Give up any hope of living a happy life. People only want you for body parts.

Five Day Forecast:

Monday:
Today you will die. If not today then tomorrow. Give up any hope of living a happy life. People only want you for body parts.

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
SpookyWriter said:
His work is never done. I am but a servant of the master, cleaning up the messes, and keeping order.

You can take a break, though, cause the Master's back. Just do that spill over there, and then take a fiver.

My horoscope never says a useful thing to me. The stars promise me money, passion, and success and then sit up there all smug and laugh at me.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
This -- to me -- always deserves the follow-up moral dilemma that... well... follows. :tongue

You are on the proverbial desert island. Only two members of the opposite sex stand before you for all eternity, both attractive and of equal height, weight, and health. You only have enough food stored up in your hidden cave to keep one of these two alive with you on the island.

One of them is an avowed astrologist, who truly believes the stars reveal her fate. The other is a firm believer in Fundamental Christianity, including Creationism and literal interpretations of the Bible.

Which would you pick as your mate?

I'd take the astrologist every time.

It's a harmless form of kookiness, that at least acknowledges the existance of a larger universe.

How about you?

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Depends on which one can build a boat faster, really. ;)

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I work with another nurse and a psychiatrist who is the same sign as me. When we work, we read the newspaper horoscope to see if any of what it says will come true for one or all of us. So far it's never come true for any of us.

What I find unreasonable about horoscopes is how can they be accurate for soo many people. To me that's about as bad as developing one nursing care plan and trying to make it work for each patient I take care of.

Granted, there are different horoscopes to choose from but unless a person has highly developed psychic skills, how are they supposed to find the most appropriate one for themselves.

As odd as this may sound, I fail to see the practicality and yes I do seek practicality in metaphysics. Just because you can't prove a thing doesn't mean that same thing has to be above observing the standards of practical usability.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
They should do it by name. Twelve names a day.

"If your name is Pete, then you shall have a wonderful day, except for the bit where your wife leaves you for the lead singer of System of a Down. This will be balanced by finding a hundred dollar bill under the shoe of Eva Longoria, who thinks you're keen and goes with you to get chili dogs."

That would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.