Any Publisher of Vampire fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristinbattestella.blogspot.com
I'm sure I've asked this before, but with Scrybe Press seemingly out of the running, I'm down to Blindside and Soft Skull.

Does anybody know of any pubs that are looking for a 50k vampire tale?

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Hello!

Sorry to deliver the bad news, but most magazines have a 5-7K word limit on stories. Print magazines are especially strapped for space, but the rules may be different for e-magazines. Unless you get a check on acceptance, your work's publication does not count as a professional credit.

Add another 25-50K to what you've got and turn it into a full novel that can start making the rounds at print publishers.

If your half a novel has a good healthy dose of erotica in it you might try Ellora's Cave, as they sometimes accept shorter works. They pay in royalties, (no advance) but are well thought of in the writing community. I don't think acceptance with them counts as a pro sale, but they are the ONLY e-publisher I would recommend to anyone.

They have an offshoot called Cerridwen Press, but I've no details on word length.

Just google them and see what's there.

Good luck! :)

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
50k would be considered around the novella range. It's too short to be a novel and too long to be a short story. Novellas aren't that widely sort at the moment. I'm writing one, but it's going into my collection of writings that's being done through POD.

There may be publishers out there willing to take a risk on you, but as we know, publishers like that are few and far in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.