Romance SYW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazen

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was wondering if it was just my view when I log in, or if something has gone wrong, but the romance SYW forum is nearly empty.

I posted a thread there and I can't even find it under my stats any longer. Was there some clean up done? I popped into the other threads and they seem to still be intact, so I was just curious.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I noticed that too. It happened right around the time I first joined, so I thought I was just remembering it with more threads.

BrightSera

Neurotic Supernova
Registered
Reaction score
In a land far away filled with dark and stormy nig
For me, it's nearly empty because it's set to show active threads within the last month. If you go to the bottom of display options and change it to a different time period, it will show more past threads.

I went to past 100 days and your thread showed up, Jazen.

And yes, since I've joined I noticed a drop of people posting new threads. I'd post something, but I have nothing new yet. :(

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Under "display options" (for me, anyways), it's only showing posts from the most recent month. You can change it to show posts from further back. Then you will see more threads.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Looks like the forum is set to only show the last month's worth of posts by default.

If you scroll down to Display Options, change the "From the" setting to something else (like Last Year), and click "Show Threads" and you'll see many more threads.

Jazen

Registered
Reaction score
:) Thanks everyone. Something must have changed in my settings because had no clue about changing the display options before. Love when I learn something new!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
There's a default for the whole board; we're not going to set individual ones for each forum because it's going to slow things down. Please check your settings, per the following, to make sure that they're set correctly.

To Change Your Own Settings for how far back to display threads:

1. Go to your User CP
2. Scroll down to where, on the left, there's a category heading "Settings and Options."
3. Click "Edit Options"
4. Scroll down to Thread Display Options
5. See "Default Thread Age Cut Off"
6. Make sure that it's set to "Show all Threads" (unless you only want to see newer threads"

Jazen

Registered
Reaction score
There's a default for the whole board; we're not going to set individual ones for each forum because it's going to slow things down. Please check your settings, per the following, to make sure that they're set correctly.

To Change Your Own Settings for how far back to display threads:

1. Go to your User CP
2. Scroll down to where, on the left, there's a category heading "Settings and Options."
3. Click "Edit Options"
4. Scroll down to Thread Display Options
5. See "Default Thread Age Cut Off"
6. Make sure that it's set to "Show all Threads" (unless you only want to see newer threads"

Didn't know any of these options existed. Checked and mine was set to 'use forum defaults'. Guessing it's been that way since I joined and the only section I noticed the difference was under the Romance SYW. I have since changed my settings. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Nimyth

Registered
Reaction score
SYW

SYW= Share your work? Are there rules for SYW post in this forum topic? If so could someone please provide me a link to them

beckethm

Registered
Reaction score
SYW= Share your work? Are there rules for SYW post in this forum topic? If so could someone please provide me a link to them

Nimyth, the Romance SYW forum is here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68 (password = vista)

You will need 50 posts before you can start your own thread, but until then you can post your first 200 words in the "Hook me in 200 words or less" thread and you can participate by critiquing other posters.

Do read the Announcement that appears at the top of every SYW page for more information before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.