E-publishing

yoki

Registered
Reaction score
I’m not sure where to post this question, so I will place it in this section .What is the common wisdom concerning, E publishing. May have a offer from a E-publisher ,do I go ahead and might this lead to a traditional publishing contract if sales are good or is it the kiss of death. Sorry have found where this has to go ,but do not know how to remove this.Yoki

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Yoki, don't worry. I'll move this to the e-publishing section for you.

Whether or not you should accept the offer of publication depends on what the contract you've been offered looks like, whether this is what you want to do, and how you see your writing career playing out.

An e-publishing contract can lead to a print edition, if that's what your publisher does. Some e-publishers automatically also publish a print edition, some only do so if sales of the electronic book reach a certain level, so it's impossible to advise you here as much depends on which publisher it is you've received your offer from.

As for whether this is the kiss of death for your book, that depends on who the publisher is. Some are excellent: some are most decidedly not. But without knowing who it is, we're not going to be able to advise you I'm afraid.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Did you submit to the e-publisher? If so, you're a little late to be asking this question. If not, you should tell us who the publisher is and how they got in touch with you.

You should also probably tell us your book's genre. Some genre's do better than others.

You should check the publisher's name in Bewares and Background Checks, and at Preditors and Editors.

More details will help us give you better advice. Good luck with it!

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
It really depends on the genre and the publisher. Some of the epublishers sell good numbers and have professional staff. Some, not so much. Some genres do well in digital-first format, others don't.

Romance, particularly erotic romance, probably sells the best in digital-first format. I believe sf/f may be catching up, though (proportionate to the size of the market, which is smaller than the romance market, but has some really avid, high-volume readers).