Light and Dark in Aramaic

Alitriona

Attends The School of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caroloates.com
I'm looking for the words Light and Dark in Aramaic, the older variation the better. The thing is, I need the written English versions of the words.

The nearest I can find is Cheshkah for dark and I can't find light.

If someone could help me out I would be very grateful.

spottedgeckgo

Da Gecko
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spottedgeckgo.com
I believe that "Light of the World Ministries" has a copy of the bible that has complete translations in aramaic and hebrew, both where appropriate. That is usually the best way to learn this kind of stuff. Sort of like a Rosseta Stone for other languages.

I learned to read ancient egyptian with a copy of the book of the dead that was translated in this way. (Of course that was a short stint and all of that knowlege has been purged by time and boose). I'm sure that you can find "light" (all definitions) and "Dark" in multiple places in a bible.

spottedgeckgo

Da Gecko
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spottedgeckgo.com
Pay dirt,,

My Keyboard doesn't know how to speak aramaic so you can see how the words (and in fact, begin learning the language) at http://www.learnassyrian.com/home.html . This is where I was looking before to try and learn assyrian.

Important note, there are many different dialects of aramaic depending on the time/location of your novel, but I don't think the average reader or editor will know the difference, or anyone else for that matter, just you and me ;)

For light and dark, the pronunciation follows:
Light: AACHOOKH
Dark: TOKH

Alitriona

Attends The School of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caroloates.com
Oh thank you so much :) For all your help, I really appriciate it. I hate when I get stuck on something and can't move past until I figure it out.