Squirrels Stymied

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Finally, I figured out a way to keep the finks away from my bird feeder, which hangs off a pole...I sprayed it w/ Pam :D so, now I'm watching them slide down the pole and it's damn funny. It's right outside my window, where I write. I may have to move it.

They're getting a running start, it doesn't help. They still fall on their furry ass :ROFL: There's 3 of them and they look at each other and take turns at this. The first one who fell, ran away into the woods all embarrassed. The other 2 are feasting on the seeds that the birds scattered on the ground. I'm getting more coffee to watch the show.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Finally, I figured out a way to keep the finks away from my bird feeder, which hangs off a pole...I sprayed it w/ Pam :D so, now I'm watching them slide down the pole and it's damn funny. It's right outside my window, where I write. I may have to move it.

They're getting a running start, it doesn't help. They still fall on their furry ass :ROFL: There's 3 of them and they look at each other and take turns at this. The first one who fell, ran away into the woods all embarrassed. The other 2 are feasting on the seeds that the birds scattered on the ground. I'm getting more coffee to watch the show.

excuse me while I squee with laughter! You rock!

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
*strolls in*

morning ladies.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
excuse me while I squee with laughter! You rock!
Kevin, it's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I can't stop laughing!! His little paws gripping the sides of the pole, and slid right down. The part I left out, I have an old plastic coke bottle at the bottom which was supposed to stop them. Yeah, right. He bumped over that and plopped onto the ground :roll: where the hell was my camera when I needed it!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Kevin, it's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I can't stop laughing!! His little paws gripping the sides of the pole, and slid right down. The part I left out, I have an old plastic coke bottle at the bottom which was supposed to stop them. Yeah, right. He bumped over that and plopped onto the ground :roll: where the hell was my camera when I needed it!

i'm thinking of purchasing a bird feeder and a can of pam today! (-;

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Please get a video of this and post it. I don't have room for a bird feeder...

(On second thought, my ex does. I'll talk with my daughter about it today...) :evil:

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Please get a video of this and post it. I don't have room for a bird feeder...

(On second thought, my ex does. I'll talk with my daughter about it today...) :evil:

YES! THIS.
I'll work on it. Have to buy more Pam, too. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I called a friend of mine to tell him about it, only I couldn't stop laughing. It took me about 5 minutes to tell him!

Then, I wondered if the lemon flavor/smell would keep the birds away... :roll:

I need to go eat something.

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, this sounds excellent. I just rigged up the bird feeders again on a rope between two trees. There are two cheap metal tubes for squirrel baffles, but I don't know how effective they'll be. I'll make sure to add PAM to the shopping list just in case :D

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

THIS is FRIGGIN' BRILLIANT!!!

I have about a half dozen bird feeders and an army of squirrels that empty them about every other day. We moved the feeders off of the deck and put them on skinny metal poles, but the little bastards fuzzy guys still climb them. It never occured to me to grease the poles.

I'm so doing this. I'm so doing this...right now.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
THIS is FRIGGIN' BRILLIANT!!!

I have about a half dozen bird feeders and an army of squirrels that empty them about every other day. We moved the feeders off of the deck and put them on skinny metal poles, but the little bastards fuzzy guys still climb them. It never occured to me to grease the poles.

I'm so doing this. I'm so doing this...right now.
Be prepared to laugh until you cry. Do not put them in view of where you write, you won't get much accomplished. I've now put bird food under the feeder and made a trail to the pole. I can't help myself. Can't wait until daylight. I'm probably gonna have weird dreams.

riiiiight.
Ha! battery powered one. You wish you'd thought of it. And, no comments about my dreams, ok.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The deed is done. Now, I wait.

The feeders are right outside the office window though. I might need to close the drapes. I've actually been writing lately and I can't take the distraction.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
The deed is done. Now, I wait.

The feeders are right outside the office window though. I might need to close the drapes. I've actually been writing lately and I can't take the distraction.
Can't wait to hear the outcome. It's a tad more than a distraction. Can't say I didn't warn you :)

It will be odd when all these wip's have these squirrels scenes in them. Especially, if they get published.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
*wonders how this might work in certain 'ahem' dancing emporiums*

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
So where's my video, huh? I don't believe it really happened until I see a video. :D