wells if feels way stupids

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
i just spent an hour trying to figure out what was funny about that pen name yall used recently "Travis Tea".

sad face.

still i did read part of atlanta nights, as much as i could stomach. that is a truly a masterpiece of pure garbage yall. kudos to all who worked on it.

polarqueen

Elementary, my dear sir!
Registered
Reaction score
Wait...can you explain why its funny so I don't have to spend an hour as well?

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
it sounds like travesty when you say it.

and for the both of us.
–noun
1. a literary or artistic burlesque of a serious work or subject, characterized by grotesque or ludicrous incongruity of style, treatment, or subject matter.
2. a literary or artistic composition so inferior in quality as to be merely a grotesque imitation of its model.
3. any grotesque or debased likeness or imitation: a travesty of justice.
–verb (used with object)
4. to make a travesty on; turn (a serious work or subject) to ridicule by burlesquing.
5. to imitate grotesquely or absurdly.

polarqueen

Elementary, my dear sir!
Registered
Reaction score
Omigod! I said it to myself like 15 times and I didn't get it til you said it! Wow...

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
i should probably also explain atlanta nights for any one unfamiliar.

it was a book written for the purpose of exposing the poor ability of publish america to pick a good book from a bad one.

each chapter was written by another person. some were written by a computer. one they took the words and re-arranged them in the sentence so it reads like "Aimlessly room bill wandered." redundancy like "the car was fast so fast. the speed was thrilling it was so fast." and many other things that makes the story just unreadable.

i did do a little research when i found that the characters initials are a joke. if you anagram them it says something like "publish america is a vanity publisher."

polarqueen

Elementary, my dear sir!
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a crappy poem to one of those vanity publishers one time and they said it was up for the 10000 $ prize.

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
yea but only if you pay a grand to get it published with them, and then buy a hundred copies of the book, eh?

polarqueen

Elementary, my dear sir!
Registered
Reaction score
Yea, but considering that my poem was something along the lines of,
the cat ate the rat and sat on his fat"

there's no way i'd pay to publish that! LOL.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a crappy poem to one of those vanity publishers one time and they said it was up for the 10000 $ prize.

As many of those crappy anthologies they sell for $200 a pop, they could probably afford to add a few zeros.